Shaking Hands - Page 4 of 4

‘Bad’ habit Trump wants gone for good. - Page 4 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 6th Apr, 2020 - 11:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: How do you normally shake hands?
  I do not shake hands ever       0.00%
  Strong grip to show my strength       3.70%
  Firm grip       70.37%
  Average I guess       22.22%
  I give my hand with no grip at all       3.70%
  Like a wet fish       0.00%
Total Votes: 27
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
  Shaking Hands They say it tells a lot about a person
18th Apr, 2007 - 4:12am / Post ID: #

Shaking Hands - Page 4

This is a very interesting topic and I had no idea that so much could be read into a handshake. I pay very little attention to my own handshake but I believe it is average. I know that weak handshakes are a turnoff so I make an effort not to be weak but I can't say that I put a lot of muscle into it either. Maybe I could firm my handshakes up a little. When receiving a handshake, I also like firm but not hurtful. I remember getting a handshake which hurt and I was honest in my reaction. I shook my hand in the air and said, "Ouch!" The guy just laughed and didn't apologize so that fits the theory that these types and inconsiderate and like see others in pain.

I know someone that I try to avoid like a plague because he gives this kind of handshakes.
If I were you, LDS, I would refuse to shake hands with this guy. The next time he offered I would just shake my head and say, "No, I need to use my fingers later."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jul, 2007 - 5:44am / Post ID: #

Shaking Hands
A Friend

Hands Shaking

I remember being told once that the handshake has its origins in medieval Europe. Strangers, or perhaps acquaintances would offer an outstretched arm in greeting to show that they were no threat and wielded no weapon. This may be completely untrue, but it is how I try to act when I give a handshake. "I come in peace, I mean you no harm."

With that said I will offer a firm handshake, not overpowering, with direct eye contact, and my body facing yours. If you are a good friend I may clasp my left hand over the back of your right hand also, or possibly move in for a quick hug with my left arm.

Like FunBikerChick I have a holdout from the military in that I will wait for the woman to offer her hand first. If she offers I will still give a firm handshake with direct eye contact. I believe it is the womans responsibility to invite the handshake, if she wants it.

In all cases the hand shake should last no more than about 3 seconds.

I absolutely detest a "dead fish" from a man, and will pull away as soon as possible. In some instances I think some men do this to throw you off, and put you ill-at-ease.

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2007 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Shaking Hands
A Friend

Shaking Hands UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I always shake firmly, I remember my mom telling me when I was a kid that firm handshakes meant a lot.

23rd Jul, 2009 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Hands Shaking

I don't go around shaking peoples hands much with all the diseases going around like swine flu. I guess I never thought much about how my handshake was taken. I guess I give a firm grip.

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2009 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

Shaking Hands
A Friend

Hands Shaking

I do not worry about diseases as I shake hands with anyone who wants to shake. I give a strong firm handshake to men to let them know I am no weakling but I tend to give a weaker handshake to women barely grasping their hands so I do not hurt them.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2020 - 11:55am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Shaking Hands

‘Bad’ habit Trump wants gone for good. Handshakes have been banned during the COVID-19 outbreak, but Donald Trump says the common habit could be “a thing of the past”. Source 7s.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Shaking Hands

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,