The Purpose Of Life

The Purpose Life - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 4th Jan, 2005 - 1:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
...And what is your purpose?
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2004 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

The Purpose Of Life

Everyone gives a reason for the purpose of life. Some also claim an independent purpose that is different from everyone else. This thread addresses two specific questions:

1. What is the purpose of life

2. What is your specific purpose within #1 above?

Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good
-- Thomas Paine

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2004 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

The Purpose Of Life
A Friend

Life Purpose The

Based on a Christian belief, I believe the purpose of live is to live in obedience to God once a person has acquired a relationship with Him. With obedience comes so many other aspects of living. I find that when I'm being obedient to God and how He wants me to live my life, I can love everybody, I can make the right choices, etc.

As for my own personal purpose, my ministry: Teaching. I know God has called me to be a teacher. Even if a teacher cannot openly give a prsentation of the Gospel, he/she can show God's love through how they teach and deal with students.

Post Date: 10th Dec, 2004 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

The Purpose Of Life
A Friend

The Purpose Of Life Beliefs Religious General

I believe that the purpose of life is to freely worship God. I say freely worship God because we were given free will because God wanted true worship and not the forced worship of beings that could not think for themselves.

My purpose in freely worshiping God is to worship Him in all that I do. No matter what I do I should set an example that could lead others to come to know God and worship Him. I am, however, not perfect and do not always display God's will in my actions.

10th Dec, 2004 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Life Purpose The

My view is that we are all eternal beings, children of our Heavenly Father. As such, one of the main purposes of our lives is to become like His Exemplar - Jesus Christ. He has given us the rules, the instructions, the example, and the guidance. So, my purpose within this life is to obey those instructions and example. By doing so, I worship Him, honor Him, and give glory to Him.

21st Dec, 2004 - 2:45pm / Post ID: #

Life Purpose The

I believe the general purpose of life is to come to earth, gain a physical body and then prove to my Heavenly Father that I am willing to live my life in accordance with the rules he sets forth. I also think a purpose of life is to demonstrate faith by living in accordance with gospel principals even when "the world" seems to indicate they are outdated or unnecessary principals to follow.

My specific goal is just to live my life the best I can and while doing so to help others find more joy in their lives while I too, find joy in mine.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2004 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

The Purpose Of Life
A Friend

The Purpose Of Life

What is with this continuous search of a purpose in everithing? Life ...maybe is just meant to be lived and enjoyed and has no purpose in itself but in what one set for himself.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Dec, 2004 - 3:42pm / Post ID: #

The Purpose Life

The search for ultimate meaning in one's life is universal. All people, throughout all time, have asked some basic questions:

1. Where do I come from?
2. Why am I here?
3. Where am I going?

The search for answers gives more meaning to many lives. Those who feel that they have found the answers to these questions find deep fulfillment in their lives, as well.

4th Jan, 2005 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

The Purpose Life General Religious Beliefs

The search for answers gives more meaning to many lives

I think it's true, but do those answers necessarily have to be correct? I think as long as you find an answer for your questions which you believe to be correct, you're already happier.

I would have liked to believe in some religion, but even if I said I did, I will always doubt that religion because I don't think you can know what happened before we were born - there is multiple evidence for the question, so obviously if one was wrong why won't the rest be too?

So the purpose of life - for me, to live and be happy with my decisions. For the planet - to live as well, most primarily, in my opinion.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: The Purpose Of Life

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,