Potential New Un Secretary In The Future?

Potential Secretary Future - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 2nd Feb, 2005 - 6:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

2nd Feb, 2005 - 6:28am / Post ID: #

This has been rumoured more than once now, so there more than likely is a shred of truth to it. Bill Clinton could possibly be Kofi Annan's replacement as the head of the UN. There has not been a American in this spot before. Especially with Clinton being a former president, is this a good or bad thing for the US?

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6894871

You can see Jessie Helms thoughts on the subject. However, not too suprising coming from him. I do see this as being very hindering to whoever is the US president at the time. With the power of that position, it could easily be realized that Clinton could have more influence over the US than the president.

What do you think?

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2005 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Future The Secretary Un Potential

I think that it could be dangerous for Clinton to become the new UN Secretary, and it is not because I don't like Clinton or am against his political beliefs. The United States has become so divided by party lines that leaders with different political alliances are known to clash over policies and agenda's, even with similar views at times. If Clinton, or any other former US president in particular, became the Secretary for the UN, there is a high risk of that person and the current president fighting for power. Because Clinton is a democrat, he could really give Bush, a republican, some problems with the authority he might weald over him if he wanted to. If Clinton was a republican, then the two of them could join together and possibly dominate many situations and decisions in the world, possibly causing an uproar, war, and other such consequences. Either way, I personally don't know that's it's such a good idea for a country such as mine, with so much power and control in the world already, to hold such a high position in the UN. I feel the same way about a handful of other countries that also have a high degree of power and influence in the world. That is one thing I like about having Kofi Annan as the UN secretary, is that he is from Ghana, and would not seem to have the lifelong loyalty to a powerful country, such as the US, like a former US president would have (even though he obviously has alliances and preferences). The stakes just don't seem as high to me with someone from a nation that doesn't possess the most power being appointed as the UN secretary. That's just my two cents.

> TOPIC: Potential New Un Secretary In The Future?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,