Vincent Van Gogh

Vincent Van Gogh - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Dec, 2004 - 6:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

12th Dec, 2004 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Vincent Van Gogh

1853-90, postimpressionist painter, born in the Netherlands. Van Gogh's works are perhaps better known generally than those of any other painter. His brief, turbulent, and tragic life is thought to epitomize the mad genius legend...

https://www.infoplease.com/ce6/people/A0850453.html

I find it very sad that his works proved to be a failure at the time, while now he is one of the most known artists. Why do you think was he not credited at the time? Do you suppose the tragedy of his personal life somehow led to his current success?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2004 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Vincent Van Gogh
A Friend

Gogh Van Vincent

In a personal opinion, I feel it was his failure that made him so popular of our time. People are constantly seeking change, I don't think the 1800's were prepared for it. But now, when we seek to find something extraordinary, we look to the odd. Gogh was just a man with a vision, when he tried to share it, the people could not handle it and, in retort, claimed it an unstable idea.

Their were many postimpressionist artist who got rejected for their alien styles and most of them started their own group of impressionist with their own gallery once they were kicked out of other art galleries.

Wonderful topic and good knowledge of the history.

> TOPIC: Vincent Van Gogh

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,