Denmark vs Canada - Artic

Denmark Canada Artic - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Jan, 2007 - 10:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
versus Denmark means business!
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2005 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

DENMARK SENDING FLAG TO DISPUTED ARCTIC ISLAND

Danish officials in a warship are on their way to plant a flag on an Arctic island near Greenland, in the latest move of a territorial dispute between Copenhagen and Ottawa.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...and-050804.html

Sponsored Links:
9th Aug, 2005 - 1:25pm / Post ID: #

Artic Canada Denmark

In following up on this it seems like both parties are going to take the peaceful route:

DENMARK, CANADA TO NEGOTIATE OVER DISPUTED ARCTIC ISLAND

Canada and Denmark have agreed to negotiations over the ownership of a small Arctic island that has been the subject of a recent territorial dispute, Copenhagen says.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...and-050808.html

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

27th Aug, 2005 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Denmark vs Canada - Artic History & Civil Business Politics

Well, that's a great example, that should be followed by other countries. Isn't it easier to solve problems by negotiations? Is there someone in the US who can read this?

On the other hand, I'm quite sure that if that island would have had oil resources (let's say like Iraq), the "negotiation" would have been harder. Don't you think? wink.gif

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 19 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.9%

27th Aug, 2005 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Artic Canada Denmark

Raul you want to get Nighthawk started? wink.gif Keep in mind that it was not all peaceful, after all a Danish warship doesn't mean I am here for drinks and party. I believe maybe they (Denmark) was tired of not having the dispute unresolved and wanted to show how serious they were.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

27th Aug, 2005 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Artic Canada Denmark

Raul you want to get Nighthawk started?

Not at all ... I have a great respect for him, but in this matter (war in Iraq) I disagree with him.

after all a Danish warship doesn't mean I am here for drinks and party

I absolutely agree, but the final result is what matters and that is they settled down, talked things, will negotiate and I'm positive they will reach a peaceful agreement.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 19 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.9%

Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2005 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I still wonder what is the point of arguing over a little island with no resources, no people, no wildlife, absolutely zero of everything. If I was the premier of Canada or the prime minister of Denmark I would literaly pick a number and who guesses it keeps the island. Is it really such a big deal?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Sep, 2005 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

Denmark Canada Artic

It is not really about the island itself, there is a bigger issue at stake here and it is merely the beginning of other issues set for future dispute. See the quote from the above link:

Hans Island is a tiny and frozen outcrop of rock. However, it's taken on increased importance because of concerns that global warming has made the Northwest Passage more accessible to shipping, as well as opening the area up to mining, fishing and drilling for oil and gas.

Post Date: 6th Jan, 2007 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Denmark Canada Artic Politics Business Civil & History

I think that they have agreed to resolve it with a hockey game. Look at that, we win AGAIN!

Reconcile Edited: Charles R on 6th Jan, 2007 - 10:13pm

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Denmark vs Canada - Artic

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,