Poland - History

Poland History - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th May, 2008 - 6:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Polish History
13th Dec, 2004 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Poland - History

Poland - History

Poland has always interested me, but I have never taken the time to really get into studying it. However, since it was one of the leaders in overcoming communist oppression, I generally pay a little bit of attention to stories about it.

Of course, there is much more to Poland's story than just the communist days. There is the story of the Warsaw uprising during WWII, the rich history of the country before the 1900s, etc. I think that there is a lot of information we could put in this topic about this interesting country.

So, to start, here is a message from a great blogger, Chrenkoff, about his experience the day when martial law was declared in Poland, temporarily turning off the hope for freedom that was found in the Solidarity movement.

December 13, 1981.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
2nd Feb, 2005 - 9:46pm / Post ID: #

History Poland

I have been always very interested about Poland too. It is one of the countries I would like to visit some day. I had a very good penpal from there and he sent me many pictures and told me a bit about their history and culture. I remembered that he told me that the communications in Poland were so bad that sometimes it took more than 10 years (for some families) to get a normal phone line. He was from Warsaw. I think what people remembers the most about Poland is the German concentration camp.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 18th May, 2008 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

Poland - History History & Civil Business Politics

For more Information about Polish History & People please see the Poland Index.

> TOPIC: Poland - History

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,