Tainted Blood In Romania

Tainted Blood Romania - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th May, 2008 - 6:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

3rd Jun, 2005 - 5:19pm / Post ID: #

Tainted Blood In Romania

In Romania the biggest part of HIV infected are persons born between 1989-1990. After the romanian revolution there were a lot of donations from other countries. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure most of these donations were well-intended, but also there were donation in blood supplies and vaccines ... and I'm not sure if there were checked for HIV or HVB/HVC (the romanian health department is obviously blamable). Of course there was not a real epidemiological investigation, but if they would have done one the results would have indicated to some of those donations. I don't want to accuse anybody, after all, as I sad most of the donations were well-intended, but the facts are facts and somehow the infected blood got in this country.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 19 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.9%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Jun, 2005 - 11:44am / Post ID: #

Tainted Blood In Romania
A Friend

Romania Blood Tainted

That is truly unfortunate. I thought that blood that was donated, at least in the states, always has to be tested before being sent? I don't know what the laws are in other countries, but I doubt that all countries are as strict about testing. Unfortunately, I'm sure it wasn't put high on the list because it wouldn't have been their countries people getting the blood anyway. The really sad part is that someones life was saved by giving them a death sentence.

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2005 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Tainted Blood In Romania
A Friend

Tainted Blood In Romania History & Civil Business Politics

Well, many countries are lax about such seemingly trival affairs,at least in their opinion. Or someone bribed them not to check it. In the first case,the donor countries should be able to see HIV spreading because of bad blood. The second case both the person who bribed the official and the bribed official should go to jail for corruption. And this is for all laws. Unfortunatly,many countries lack the courage money or time to do a "clean sweep" of their government. Or maybe the leader of the said country is corrupt.

Post Date: 18th May, 2008 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Romania Blood Tainted

For more Information about Romanian History please see the Romania Index.

> TOPIC: Tainted Blood In Romania

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,