Grant Palmer - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Jan, 2008 - 10:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Church Disfellowhips LDS Author
Post Date: 13th Dec, 2004 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

Grant Palmer
A Friend

Grant Palmer

Grant Palmer

See the link below for an article on the action taken by the church court for Grant Palmer. I haven't read his book but it supposedly questions a lot of the events we have come to know as church history.

https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,595111992,00.html

Sponsored Links:
14th Dec, 2004 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Palmer Grant

I thought this was interesting:

"He said he found the session fair."I thought the court was fair, and I'm pleased with the outcome," Palmer added. "I think it's in my best interest not to say more.""

To me this sounds as though he expected to be disfellowshipped or worse and admits his 'wrong'? Has anyone actually read his book?

*** Moved to LDS Authors Board ***

16th Dec, 2004 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

Grant Palmer Studies Doctrine Mormon

I haven't read his books but several extracts of it and they are very controversial because he mainly says that Joseph Smith wrote the Book of Mormon himself and the First Vision never really existed.
The reason he got disfellowshiped and not excommunicated it's because 1) He has been a BYU professor for years and the Church had hired him to do so many researchs and projects in the past.
2) I did not think (and it seems like the Church either) that he really meant to hurt the Church in ANY way. The cover of his book is already controversial but it seems to me that he just got caught in the research and went a little bit too far.

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2008 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

Palmer Grant

Name: Jake

Comments: Grant Palmer's book is wonderful and will hopefully not be censored by anyone seeking light and truth.

> TOPIC: Grant Palmer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,