Time With Your Child(ren)

Time Child Ren - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 13th Dec, 2004 - 1:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Don't you want to be with me?
Post Date: 2nd Nov, 2004 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Do you think you spend enough quality time with your child(ren)? If yes, how do you measure quality time and does your child(ren) think it is enough time or do you just assume that? If no, then what do you plan to do about it?

Sponsored Links:
3rd Nov, 2004 - 5:05am / Post ID: #

ren Child Your Time

I would hope that the time I spend with my kids is quality time and that it is sufficient. I work 5 days a week which means I have the weekends open. I use the weekends as my time with my children because during the week I may be working long evenings, etc. On the weekends I either stay at home with them (sometimes my wife works on the weekends) or I try to plan activities with them like going to the park, or going sledding, etc. My toddler is always clamoring for attention, but my daughter has never really complained about not seeing me enough or spending enough time with me.

3rd Nov, 2004 - 7:33am / Post ID: #

Time With Your Child(ren) Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I worry a lot that I don't spend enough time with my daughter, let alone quality time. I try my best, though, and she does appreciate the time we have together. It's just hard when you're a single parent. She rarely sees her dad, as he lives out of state, and I feel like I have to make up for that. My mom says I spend "plenty of enough" time with my daughter. But I still worry.

Roz

6th Nov, 2004 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

ren Child Your Time

I've recently taken the position to do certain exact things with Felipe each day so that he feels 'fulfilled' especially because of his current temperament. This may involve playing with his balloon, which he love or watching some cartoons via my computer while sitting on my lap.

6th Nov, 2004 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

ren Child Your Time

I work during the day and I reached home around 3:30. As soon as I reached my son demands my attention, so I just go and lay down on the bed, play with him and his toys and he tells me how was his day. Then, he goes and play on his own for a while and before putting him to bed, he likes to sing Church hymns together, so we go to the porch, we sit down there and he chooses from the hymnbook what songs he wants me to sing. smile.gif I think you know when you are having quality time with your child, when you observe your child is happy and content and he is not like crazy around you but he/she knows every day you will spend some time with him/her doing something 'together'.

Post Date: 7th Nov, 2004 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Quality time with kids is something that is a bit of an issue with me. I am currently not living the kids and their mother but I consider my time to be REAL time. The kids stay by me on a weekend so the arguement is always that I only have them for two days that's not quality time. HAH

IMHO working late or liming during the working week give u no time at all with the kids esp. if work ends at five and the kids are in bed by seven. But i do get to see them everyday - pick up from school etc. On a weekend now i try to create adventure.. buy or rent a new DVD for the friday - throw in board games (i have tons) cause we grow together. Granny, Movie Towne, Pizza Boys or the Mall anything to get them out of the house on a Saturday and Then it's off to the beach on a sunday unless there is a party on like today.

Once I have the kids i don't allow a social life. That's left for during the week.

I might be wrong but i don't think it's how many days u have them but how much time u spend with them doing the stuff that they like with the limited time that you've got that makes time with the kids quality time.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Dec, 2004 - 4:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Time Your Child ren

When my boys are home, our household pretty much revolves around them until bedtime. Weekday mornings are somewhat rushed, but we make up for it in the evenings and on weekends.

During the evenings we strictly limit phone calls, unless urgent. Most of our family and friends respect this, and wait until after 8:00 to call. We have family dinner together at the table at least 4 nights a week with the television off. This way, we can better focus on eachother, exploring the lost art of conversation, and reinforce proper table manners. On weekends our casual meals are often enjoyed picnic style atop our "picnic sheet" on the living room floor. During nice weather we often prefer to dine al fresco.

Weekends are mostly the kids' time. We watch cartoons together on Saturday mornings. We all do a little light housework, even if it's just putting away toys the boys aren't playing with at the moment. Most Sundays we're at church from around 10:30 until 1:00. Afterward, we usually go to one of our many lovely local parks so the boys can burn off some energy.

We try not to have the television on too much during the days when the boys are home, and place strict limits on video games (PS2, computer, hand-held, etc.). My older son, especially, needs to have it reinforced that there is much more to do in this world than veg out in front of a flickering screen. Instead, we do age-appropriate jigsaw puzzles, get funky with the Play Doh, practice our reading skills, build Lego empires, do a little houseplant maintenence, anything but watch tv or play electronic games. biggrin.gif

My older son is "special needs" and always has at least one medically related appointment each week. We call this "Thomas time." I pick him up from school. He gets to sit in the front seat while we're travelling, and enjoy a special snack. We listen to music, sing, joke, talk... Thomas time is one of his favorite things. His teacher tells me that he sometimes gets rather upset on days that he doesn't have an appointment! wink.gif

My little guy gets one extra special day each month. "Colin day" can involve anything from a trip to the zoo, park or library, to a special $5.00 spending spree at a dollar store. No matter what the activity, we have a blast. biggrin.gif

Reconcile Edited: fugitive247 on 11th Dec, 2004 - 4:09am

13th Dec, 2004 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

Time Your Child ren Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

I have noticed with my son that more quality time I spend with him the less crancky and hyper he is. He is a very demanding child and he needs more attention than the average child but when he knows you're there for him, he feels contented. He is the type of child who wants to see his mommy all day home, specially when he returns from school. I look forward for the day I can stay home just to see his face when he comes from school. smile.gif

> TOPIC: Time With Your Child(ren)

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,