[medieval] Cleaning The Land

[medieval] Cleaning Land - World of Medieval PBP RPG - Posted: 16th Jan, 2005 - 1:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »
Closed
15th Dec, 2004 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

The Game Master says...

Cleaning the Land

Finding favor in the last mission headed by Knight the Elders have embarked on a 'clean up campaign' that involves going to key areas near the Village to ensure that there are no more hidden groups of these bandits. They are looking for the most brave of warriors to come forward...

The Elder's Chambers is now the place of a call to all mercenaries that seek to vanquish the evil foes. Knight is gathered there with some of the 'best' the Village has to offer.

"To Maicman and Kron we reward 100 gold for such bravery in riding our lands of the headquarters of these dark people that worship a snake god of whom we know not."

GM: Go to the camp to begin again. Decide who will be the leader, etc. Those that have signed up and have their activity rate at 75% or above will be added to the party stats. This scenario will begin on the 21st December, 2004 thus giving time for everyone interested to join for this date.

Sponsored Links:
1st Jan, 2004 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Land Cleaning medieval

The Game Master says...

At an appointed time you meet with Knight near the Elder's Chambers to express your readiness for the next task. He looks you over and then comes over to where Kron stands and says in a tone of skepticism...

"Lad, I know thou art brave, but thine numbers are few, and I smell death with just four. Remember thee and thy group will be in the open and many lie there waiting to bring you down to the dust."

He then shakes his head while making his bottom lip protrude...

GM: You can tell Knight is skeptical about your readiness. Discuss in your camp if you really want to venture with so few, or if you would rather wait since this will be a Wilderness adventure. You can then give your response in party order.

2nd Jan, 2004 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Cleaning The Land RPG PBP Medieval World

The Game Master says...

Knight listens to your plight and responds...

"Surely lad I will not expect thee to venture with so few in number, seek after those you need and then return whenever you are at least six or more sure."

GM: I am in no rush, get the right number and get consistent persons otherwise you might start with six and end up with three or four simply because someone is not serious.

9th Jan, 2005 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

Land Cleaning medieval

The Game Master says...

You return with one more making your number five. Knight, a very perceptive person, notices your small party and says,

"I see that thou art anxious even though six was what I called for..."

He then looks around and says,

"... And thine horses or wagon? Surely ye do not intend to clear the land on foot?"

GM: Say what your response will be.

11th Jan, 2005 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

Land Cleaning medieval

The Game Master says...

You excuse yourselves and return prepared. Meeting at the Elder's Chambers you are made aware of certain incidents of Bandit activity near the South where the mountains meet what is largely unknown land. They want for you to go on at least a week long campaign that will involve searching the area for open caves that may be a den for these thieves. If you find any bandits and they attack then you are to fight like lions and not be overcome. You should bring back any evidence of your work and accomplishments. You will be rewarded 50gps each for your work within this campaign and you make keep whatever you find. You are also offered one riding horse courtesy of Knight who noticed your unprepared state earlier. He admonishes you to take good care of him and return him to the stables upon completion.

You are then given a map of the area (the same as the map showing the region). You are then shown the mountains to the south and the path through them that leads to the unknown lands. You are told that the passageway through the mountains is extremely dangerous.

GM: You may ask any questions before you leave. It is now 10am

13th Jan, 2005 - 10:34am / Post ID: #

The Game Master says...

You receive the horse with gladness and Ice immediately leaves to purchase more oats.

In the meanwhile you hope to have your questions answered:

Kron asks,

"Are we to travel through Death's Mouth and will our wagon be able to make the journey through that passageway and beyond?"

Knight looks over your wagon and says,

"She looks sturdy enough, but you do not need to go beyond Death's Mouth."

Kron continues,

"Are there any signs of food or water along the way into the path beyond the mountains?"

"There is closer to the Village, but I cannot say for near the mountains" says Knight.

Kron asks...

"Are there any special markings on the caves that we should be looking for that may indicate that the bandits dwell there? Are we to explore all open caves?"

Yes, explore them. We have a record that was found concerning a party that was sent out long ago to explore this area, you may wish to read it. He then points towards a bundle of scrolls on a table. He gestures you over to it and then after rummaging says,

"Ah this be it..." (this is the equivalent of reading the Scenario called, 'Desolation')

You then plan your formation as Knight bids you farewell.

GM: Say what you will do now using the specifics of the map

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jan, 2005 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

[medieval] Cleaning Land

The Game Master says...

The party thanks Knight for the information and bids him farewell. They take the second horse and hitch it to the wagon so that the burden is divided among two beasts instead of one. Ice jumps up on the wagon and proclaims:

"Let's get moving! We are not going to find any one by standing around talking all day! To the south towards Death's Mouth, I say! I have heard stories from other warriors about some black cloaked people in that area that are pretty bad characters! These must be those we are to cleanse from the area."

The rest look at her and smile, as they are all eager to get on their way. The day is clear and the view just dandy, but the ride could use a few more cushions you think to yourselves. You make your way to the South and after about two miles outside of the Village you see something moving in the distance. It is a figure coming towards you, a man perhaps, he or she is clothed in ragged colors and armed with bow and arrow in one hand and a sack in the other.

GM: Say what you will do now.

16th Jan, 2005 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

[medieval] Cleaning Land World Medieval PBP RPG

The Game Master says...

Ice whispers hoarsely and quietly to the rest who are in the wagon:

"Be ready for anything, mates. If this guy makes any move to aim that bow at me, I am going to kill him and ask questions later, but I doubt he means us any harm all by himself."

As the man draws closer it is more apparent that he seems to be dressed as a hunter, but you still take no chances. Ice secretly draws her bow while slowing the wagon down to where the stranger is, ready to fire if he so much as moves a muscle for his weapon.

Within 100 feet you see that it is a man and he has a tired look on his face. His sack seems to be holding something heavy you perceive based on his angled posture. He raises his hand with palm facing you in what seems to be a gesture of hello and as you near he nods at Ice and says,

"Good-Day"

Kiana hearing his greeting decides to stand up and immediately acquire information from the passer by for which he frowns slightly and seems a bit taken aback and watchful.

GM: What are you going to ask? I cannot assume what information you intend to gather. You will need to be more specific.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: [medieval] Cleaning The Land

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,