[do Not Read This Thread] Ygolohcysp.

[do Read Thread] Ygolohcysp - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 17th Jul, 2005 - 4:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
15th Dec, 2004 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

The title of this thread illustrates the topic I wanted to discuss (In more than one way, actually). As you might have guessed, it is reverse psychology. I bet the thread would have gotten fewer views if I would have written a boring "Reverse psychology" or even "Read this thread." By putting the do not in there, I caused you to wonder why not - Is there something he doesn't want us to see? Perhaps something precious? Let's take a look?

My questions are:
a> Do you often use reverse psychology to accomplish your goals?
B> Do you think it is useful or efficient?

Reconcile Edited: Smudge on 15th Dec, 2004 - 2:36am

Sponsored Links:
15th Dec, 2004 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Ygolohcysp Thread Read do

A. I am not good at using reverse psychology.

B. I think it is useful, at times. Obviously, it works well as I certainly read this thread! smile.gif

Post Date: 15th Dec, 2004 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

[do Not Read This Thread] Ygolohcysp. Health & Special Psychology

1. I only use it if I've gone through my other options and nothing has worked. When working with children and adults I try to come up with a compromise before using reverse psychology. If I'm trying to get a child to do something, I try to use a reward system. "If you'll help me clean up this mess, you can pick the movie out." Things like that. If it doesn't work, then I'll try to use some form of reverse psychology.

2. I think it depends on the person and the situation. Some people are too analytical for it to work on.

15th Dec, 2004 - 7:24pm / Post ID: #

A. I don't think I have to answer that, whether is a yes or no answer...it discovers part of myself I don't want to reveal smile.gif

B. It is useful in some instances, most of the times, it is just used for selfish reasons.

15th Dec, 2004 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

It wasn't reverse psychology that got me to read this thread. I was looking for threads that had been recently created or added to and found this one. I don't think reverse psychology works very well on me or on most adults. I think it works quite well on children...the younger the more easily it works. As we mature, the ability for reverse psychology to work on us seems to drop off. I think it isn't reverse psychology that got a number of people to read this, more just curiosity..."why doesn't he want me to read it?" isn't the same as thinking..."if he doesn't want me to read it, I must because it is probably really good."

Just my opinion...

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2004 - 7:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

1. This do not read thing is not reverse psychology but has something to do with our willingness to break the rules. But of course I use reverse psi every day but is not that effective on its own, we have to use some other tricks in order to work. If is that obvious, there is no chance to be successful if applied on a person over 10 years of age.

2.As I said, it could be efficient is use properly ( one should check first the deff. of reverse psi. other then what you see in movies)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2005 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

[do Read Thread] Ygolohcysp.

Yes, I use reverse psychology. I use it mostly on my kids. I find that my children are very susceptible to reverse psychology and think they are getting away with something. My oldest is smart enough to figure out that I have tricked him in someway, but doesn't know how.

I think, after seeing it in this thread, and in my kids, that it is very efficient and use full depending on the situation. Obviously, it wont work on all adults because some people, like my self, still only do what we want. Though, I did read and post here didn't I?

17th Jul, 2005 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

[do Read Thread] Ygolohcysp. Psychology Special & Health

1. I use reverse psychology, not often, but I use it. I discovered that it works better on kids (you can do it with almost any kid) and only a category of adults - those who's "mind" you know pretty well (if you want to get result). Some may say that is not "fair" to use it on kids, but in proper cases you can obtain the best result.

2. It can be useful and efficient if you select wisely the cases.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: [do Not Read This Thread] Ygolohcysp.

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,