Family Traditions

Family Traditions - Christmas - Posted: 12th Dec, 2005 - 5:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

At Christmas
Post Date: 15th Dec, 2004 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

Family Traditions

Is there something that your family does (or you as an individual) each year at Christmas that can be considered unusual or unique?

Sponsored Links:
5th Dec, 2005 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Traditions Family

Unusual or Unique? Hmm, I do have something I do for Christmas that I started just two years ago. I can't say that I know anyone else that does it but I would love to find someone that does.

I started baking a birthday cake for desert of Christmas. We recently had a discussion of "What If" everyone forgot your birthday. If we remember what Christmas is really about, how would Jesus feel if everyone forgot that it was His birthday that we were celebrating?

5th Dec, 2005 - 4:57am / Post ID: #

Family Traditions Christmas

My family is rather odd. We have many traditions!

The one tradition that is singular to our family is how we make candy icicles. This has been a tradition that goes back I believe three generations. You use red plastic wrap thing, but the name is not coming to mind, it's stiff and you cut in a square and roll it to make a cone. From there you fill it with candy starting with small candy at the bottom going to larger candy at the top and finished it with a ribbon that you tie to the tree. We've done that every year since I was a baby.

12th Dec, 2005 - 5:50am / Post ID: #

Traditions Family

Wearyknight, that sounds somewhat similar to the German tradition of the Zuckertuter, (I know I didn't spell it right.) Anyway, its a large, about 2 feet long, cardboard cone, filled with candy. I don't remember exactly, but I don't think it has anything to do with Christmas. I guess thats what makes yours unique.

My family has a german tradition of leaving one shoe out on December 6, If you've been good Santa comes by and fills your shoe with candy. If not you get nothing. Sort of a last chance to be good.

> TOPIC: Family Traditions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,