Are Blogs For Old People?

Are Blogs People - Public Member Blogs - Posted: 27th Mar, 2010 - 2:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2010 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Are blogs for old people?

Could it be that blogs have become online fodder for the - gasp! - more mature reader? Ref. Source 5

Sponsored Links:
5th Feb, 2010 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

People Old Blogs Are

I don't think so. I see lots of younger folks blogging. As a matter of fact, I see both older and younger ones. The later usually with a purpose to market or make a profit.

5th Feb, 2010 - 6:08am / Post ID: #

Are Blogs For Old People? Blogs Member Public

I agree, but I also think some distinctions need to be made - the word "blog" is as variable as "car" - you can say car but nobody really knows what you're talking about specifically, until they see it. I've seen blogs used, and I use them for my own sites, for specific topics such as RPGs or do it yourself resources, and a lot of these are adults doing it so in this way, blogs are part of the adult internet experience - and sure some adults use them for personal expression, but I think young people are more likely to consistently use them in this more self-centered way.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2010 - 7:40pm / Post ID: #

People Old Blogs Are

Name: Blog fantastic!

Comments: I've been blogging for years. How good a blog is like saying how good a book is. You can't just read the front cover and make a decision, you got to dig in the book. Sometimes you blog good days and the opposite is true too but one thing is for certain you always have your loyal readers and they may not be mature either. It really depends on who you are blogging to and blogging about. Some people blog for their own interest and they couldn't care anything about what others think.

Post Date: 26th Feb, 2010 - 8:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

People Old Blogs Are

Yes with all ages blogging I do not think it is just for the mature. I think the better ones to read are those from a mature person. All in all I think if one knows how to spell and get on the internet they just may have a blog somewhere.

9th Mar, 2010 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

I guess it depends on why you're reading it. Most of the blogs I follow are more mature but I think thats just because of the subject I am looking at. (Gardening) However, I do know younger people like to blog and crazily, not all of them are about how dreamy Edward of the Twilight phenomena is. biggrin.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Mar, 2010 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

Are Blogs Old People

Well if more mature or older people blog than younger I would say yes. However I don't like the stereotype that something as general as bloging is for one age group or another. If it is for older people what are you trying to state. That bloging is not cool because old people do it. So if you are a younger person you should not blog?

I just don't see a constructive thought or idea coming from this way of thinking. Many things are considered for the older person such as classical music. Yet many songs being played by a younger generation pool from that medium. I quess what I am saying is if bloging is for old people, which is arguable, so what.

In one form or another that will filter into the younger generation. They may blog but call it something different so as to not be considered "old". I think younger people need to realize no matter how original you think you are being you are drawing on concepts and ideas set forth by your elders, so a little respect could go a long way.

What I have said can pertain to many of such topics.

27th Mar, 2010 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

Are Blogs Old People Public Member Blogs

I think blogging can be used in both the mature and the younger age groups, keep in mind that it gives people a chance to ask and answer more personal questions without revealing their face or their identity. When I started blogging it was because I had something I needed to ask or get off my chest that was a tad bit too personal to confront even a close friend about, or if my close friends couldn't answer. Some people in blogs are very highly educated on the subjects they reply to, and this helps you feel more confident with the answers you recieve.

Reconcile Edited: Rissa on 27th Mar, 2010 - 2:01am

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Are Blogs For Old People?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,