Your Friend's Friend

Your Friend' S Friend - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 22nd May, 2005 - 11:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Dec, 2004 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

Your Friend's Friend

Have you ever had a friend that you thought was just like you in most things and you got along very well? If so, have you ever met your friend's friends and thought... 'I can't believe he/she calls them friends' because they are so repulsive to you? How do you analyze such incidents? Is it that there are aspects to your friend that you are not aware of or is it that your tolerance level is lower?

Sponsored Links:
16th Dec, 2004 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Friend Friends Your

I had a friend one time, who I shared a lot in common with. Then I met their love interest, which I think would still qualify for this discussion. This person was not repulsive, but they weren't the type of person I could see myself or my friend being together with. However, I had to put my friend's happiness first, and they did get married. Recently, they almost got divorced because of their differences; differences that I and others could see a mile away. They are still together today, but I think my friend realizes that there were things about his wife that he didnt see before; things that others did see but were too afraid to point out for fear of hurting our friend's feelings. Did I ever question my tolerance level because of this? Absolutely! However I did learn that sometimes it is best to listen to your heart, and your gut. I just wished I had the courage then to talk to my friend about how I really felt.

Post Date: 22nd May, 2005 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

Your Friend's Friend
A Friend

Your Friend's Friend Health & Special Psychology

People relate to other people alot because of similiar experiences. No one can tell you what you have been through by just meeting you or just being around you. Only deep conversations and the want to get to know that person can really tell you what kind of person he or she is. So if your friend has a friend that you cannot stand. If you are really that much alike to your friend then it is my opinion that you probably would find something worth seeing in your friends friend as well. Maybe it is just that they took the time to find it and you didn't.

22nd May, 2005 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Friend Friends Your

My friend and I had a lot in common...the only difference between us is that I waited for the right girl and he jumped at every opportunity to be with whoever he wanted to be with.....I remember one year I had a girlfriend and he had been through 6.. He had friends that I would never in a million years would've hung out with but that did not stop us from being friends...It's been about 19 years since we became friends and we are still rockin'! You maybe right about my friend taking time out to be friends with others but the only thing I had in common with them was my friend. But something to think about........

Post Date: 22nd May, 2005 - 11:19am / Post ID: #

Your Friend's Friend
A Friend

Friend Friends Your

I think that most people look at my friends and wonder what I'm doing. I find good in almost everyone, so my other friends often ask me how I can be friends with the others. I don't mean close friends, because I only have one or two close friends, but I have lots of people that I care about and many of them don't deserve to have someone trust them, but I do. That leads me to not discuss my other relationships amongst my friends and acquaintances. Even my wife questions me, but she understands that I believe everyone deserves a chance to blow it or make a friend.

> TOPIC: Your Friend's Friend

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,