Mormons - Would You Be Shaken?

Mormons Shaken - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Apr, 2004 - 3:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
5th Apr, 2004 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

Suppose you found out that the current Prophet was caught by the 12 Apostles while commiting adultery... Would that shake your faith? Would you just think that we are all human, or do you think he should of known better?

Sponsored Links:
5th Apr, 2004 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

Shaken You - Mormons

would that shake your faith? Would you just think that we are all human, or do you think he should of known better?

Well of course I would think he should known better, nevertheless, my faith in the Gospel of Christ is not centered in the Prophets or Apostles, it is centered in Christ. I think those members who centered their testimonies and believes in 'men' only are the ones that may shaken but those who know what the Gospel is all about and have a testimony about the Atonement of the Christ and know the role that Jesus plays in all this, would stay strong and going forward, waiting and preparing for the Second Coming.

6th Apr, 2004 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Mormons - Would You Be Shaken? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Would you just think that we are all human, or do you think he should of known better?
He should have known better, of course. It would be devastating to me, and might rock my faith in the Church, but it wouldn't shake my faith in Jesus Christ. Men are not infalllible, of course, but the Prophet should hold himself to a higher standard. The Prophet and Apostles speak out against sexual transgressions ALL the TIME. It would break my heart at the scandal it would cause throughout the world.

6th Apr, 2004 - 2:33am / Post ID: #

Shaken You - Mormons

Farseer, you think you would leave the Church over such a thing? Could you imagine the ridicule that all members would experience after that became public? Just the pointing fingers would cause many to leave.

6th Apr, 2004 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Shaken You - Mormons

We would certainly be the laughingstock of the "mainstream" Christian world. I'm not sure about actually leaving the Church. But I might have to move to a more remote area to practice my faith smile.gif

Roz

6th Apr, 2004 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

I'm not sure about actually leaving the Church. But I might have to move to a more remote area to practice my faith

Wow, really? how do you feel then about those General Authorities that were excommunicated?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Apr, 2004 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Mormons - You Shaken

Actually, I don't know anything about that. I was inactive for most of the past 18 years smile.gif I never heard of a GA being excommunicated -- at least not since the early days of the church. I've been woefully out of touch.

Roz

6th Apr, 2004 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

Mormons - You Shaken Mormon Doctrine Studies

Farseer, check the Mature Section within the LDS deep doctrine board, we are discussing that issue there.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormons - Would You Be Shaken?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,