F-16 Pilot Fired Shots At School

F-16 Pilot Fired Shots School - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Dec, 2004 - 12:49am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2004 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

https://www.comcast.net/News/DOMESTIC//XML/...58054a1b6f.html

The pilot was in the middle of a training session, and 'forgot' his gun mode was on and hit the trigger. He thought it was on the training laser option. Luckily, nobody at the elementary school was injured.

If I had a child at that school, I'm not quite sure how I would react to something of that sort happening.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2004 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

School Shots Fired Pilot F-

He opened fire on a school accident or not i would look for some kind of prosecution wether it was locked up or fired for neglect you don't accidently open fire on a school like that

17th Dec, 2004 - 10:02pm / Post ID: #

F-16 Pilot Fired Shots At School History & Civil Business Politics

There is no excuse, but there are few points missing here.

It happened in the middle of the night. There was nobody there.

He will certainly receive some sort of punishment. It might not be court-martial (criminal conviction), but there will be some consequences.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Post Date: 18th Dec, 2004 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

He should not be punished, he should be warned, but not punished. Accidents happen. All the time. How would you feel if you were punished for something you didn't mean to do?

Reconcile Edited: TechnoGnome on 18th Dec, 2004 - 11:02pm

19th Dec, 2004 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

It isn't about feelings. It isn't something that should happen at all It's part of his job to be aware of these things.

If I had a child at that school, I'm not quite sure how I would react to something of that sort happening.

I actually will not really care, as long as my child is okay.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 29 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.9%

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2004 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Smudge how can you say as long as your child was ok you wouldn't care? What if everyones child survived but yours?Would you want them to not care about how you feel?You would want them to be compasionet and offer all the support they have to give you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Dec, 2004 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

F-16 Pilot Fired Shots School

Well, those of us who are in the work force, surely can't say we are perfect. I don't know about, you but I have made plenty of mistakes in my job. I think it is unfortunate, and I think steps must be taken to ensure it doesn't happen again, but punishment...I don't think so. He didn't break a law, did he? So, how do you punish him? With what do you charge him? He will probably have some entry in his service record. It could hinder his chances at future promotion, but I don't think he should go to jail or be fined or anything like that. None of us are perfect. We really need to keep that in mind, when we want to punish others for every mistake made. Let's be grateful no one was hurt, and do what needs to be done to ensure it doesn't ever happen again, when someone could end up hurt.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 20th Dec, 2004 - 12:50am

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

> TOPIC: F-16 Pilot Fired Shots At School

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,