Eprompter

Eprompter - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 19th Jan, 2005 - 4:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Check your online based Email without logging in.
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2004 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Eprompter

Eprompter

Some users have Free Based Email accounts such as Yahoo, Hotmail, Excite, etc. These Email accounts are online based so you do not get notification of new Emails as you would in Netscape or Outlook Express. You can use Eprompter solve that for you: https://www.eprompter.com/

From Site:
ePrompter automatically and simultaneously checks and retrieves your email messages from up to sixteen password protected email accounts AND lets you read, delete and respond to any of your messages with a simple click on the account of your choice - without ever having to launch your email program or go to your webmail's site.
Download Page: https://www.eprompter.com/download.htm

NOTE: This is an excellent way for you to get notification when someone replies to your message.

Sponsored Links:
19th Dec, 2004 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Eprompter

I love this program. I do not need to go to yahoo's mail in order to check my account. This program does it automatically and you can reply from the same one. It is so convenient, the only thing is that you will not be able to see any attachments, you will have to enter your account if you want to see the attachments.

19th Dec, 2004 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

Eprompter Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Thanks for the tip Neo. I will definitely be looking into this because right now the only way I can be notified of new mail is if I have Yahoo! Messenger open and active ALL the time. That, while it can be accomplished, is not worth it. This seems to be a better way for notification. I'll be trying it out and let everyone know my opinion.

20th Dec, 2004 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Eprompter

Excellent program. I do not need it now because my Netscape logs directly into my server, but if for some reason I need to monitor a free based Email it is great. You can also send messages from it!

22nd Dec, 2004 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Eprompter

Looks like the program checks every 15 minutes for new mail, and that timer is not configurable. Too bad. I would have liked to check for new mail every 10 minutes at least, maybe even 5.

UPDATE: I couldn't get eprompter to retrieve either my Yahoo email or my Cable account email. I read their message boards and found that Yahoo has some sort of IP Ban mechanism that only allows for a certain number of monitors on its email account. I can't explain why the ISP account would not work. They work just fine when I access them through my browser. I ended up uninstalling the program.

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 22nd Dec, 2004 - 9:59pm

19th Jan, 2005 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Eprompter

Malexander. The timer is configurable. I have set mine to every 3 minutes. Click on Menu and then setup and choose Schedule. You can't get this directly from the options link, you have to go through the Menu link.

I just started using this program over the weekend. It notifies me for both of my yahoo accounts. I love it.

Updated:

This program isn't working for me at my office. It is either the firewall or because it is still logged in on my PC at home as well. I will investigate over the next day or two and report back.

At the moment, it appears to not work if it is logged in to more than one PC at a time. When I called and had my son exit from the program at home, it began to work here at the office. I will keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 19th Jan, 2005 - 5:10pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Eprompter

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,