Do You Attend Tithing Settlement? - Page 4 of 4

I see your point, and I don't think - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Jan, 2005 - 9:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 

?
Poll: Do you attend Tithing Settlement?
  Yes, each year       70.00%
  Yes, but only some years       30.00%
  No, never have       0.00%
Total Votes: 10
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
It is year's end...
3rd Jan, 2005 - 11:22am / Post ID: #

Do You Attend Tithing Settlement? - Page 4

If it is not important and we just could fill a form stating we are full tithe payers Why then the Church through his Prophet have asked us and counseled us to attend Tithing Settlement?

This could simply be a matter of growth. Many administrative things have been changed as the Church has grown larger. Most recently, Stake conferences have been changed. So, it could be that as we grow larger, our leaders could decide that we should fill out forms and then tbe Bishop would request meetings with those who are not full tithe payers and those who don't bother to complete the form. I am not saying this is so. I am just attempting to offer a possible explanation to the above-posed question.

I think the Bishop needs to meet with members of the ward regularly. I just don't think it necessarily needs to be tithing settlement. Because the Bishop needs to meet with all members of the ward, each meeting is limited to 15 minutes (at least in my ward). It isn't likely a lot of counseling is going to happen in that 15 minutes. It is true that he may become aware of a need for futher counseling. I am simply saying I think it doesn't need to be tithing settlement that causes the Bishop to meet with each family annually. Perhaps just an annual meeting to check on things without calling it tithing settlement. So, I don't disagree with the need for Bishops to meet with ward members. I don't disagree that lots of good information can come from this annual meeting. I simply disagree with making it a time to declare your tithing status.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jan, 2005 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Settlement Tithing Attend Do

I see your point, and I don't think it's out of the realm of reasonable possibility in the future. However, the brethren would probably be quite reluctant to change it, because tithing settlement is the only time in the year when the bishop is guaranteed a personal interview with almost every family in his ward. There is really no other time in the Church when this happens. If the Church did decide to do away with tithing settlement, they would just have to replace it with a similar command for interviews some other time in the year.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Do You Attend Tithing Settlement?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,