Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime - Page 8 of 14

QUOTE (alskann @ 24-Sep 08, 11:36 - Page 8 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Sep, 2008 - 3:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (14) »
25th Sep, 2008 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime - Page 8

What a sicko! My heart goes to these girls that have been abused by the hands of this monster. A man who the whole ward trusted because he was a Bishop. I hope the victims get the help they need and can go through some sort of recovery. Now with regards to him, I am sure Bubba and his buddies will take care of him while in prison.

A former LDS Bishop in Harrisville has pleaded guilty to molesting children from his church ward.Originally Timothy McCleve pleaded not guilty to several sex abuse charges, but later he struck a deal with prosecutors.

It's a mystery why McCleve changed his mind, but we know victims were ready to testify in a trial.

In March 2007, McCleve molested three sisters from his ward. The little girls were abused in their home when their parents were gone. The girls came forward after seeing media reports of sexual abuse involving school teacher Frank Lane Hall.

After that a fourth victim came forward, a 21-year-old college student that used to be McCleve's neighbor. She says he abused her when she was 6.

So, is his guilty plea justice for his victims? Harrisville Police Chief Max Jackson said, "We're certainly glad it's come to a conclusion, at least thus far, especially for the victims and their families."

The victims' parents were in court today but did not want to make a statement. They may speak at McCleve's sentencing, which is scheduled at the end of November....

Sponsored Links:
25th Sep, 2008 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Crime Heinous To Connection Mormon Another

First off, I had to go and see if that was you LDS or KNtoran when I read the Bubba comment!

It is really sad and the more it happens the scarier it gets. When it is people that you have trusted with your spiritual and family concerns and then they can do something like this, it is so hard to trust again.

25th Sep, 2008 - 3:10am / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime Studies Doctrine Mormon

It is always terrible when someone who is or has been in a position of authority and respect takes advantage and harms those who are vulnerable and unable to defend themselves. This type of crime should never go unpunished. However, this is just another example that shows how anyone is susceptible. No one is immune from sin. We should never let our spiritual guard down or place ourselves in questionable circumstances. Satan's minions will take advantage of even the tiniest crack in the armor.

25th Sep, 2008 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

Page 8 Crime Heinous To Connection Mormon Another

AlaskanLDS:

First off, I had to go and see if that was you LDS or KNtoran when I read the Bubba comment!

I started using that in the heinous crime section and KNtoran adopted the term.

I think this case is very sad and my heart aches for these girls, their families and the families of the perpetrator. There are times were I am shocked when I hear members fully trusting in someone just because of their calling, I understand that in "normal" times, it is OK and NORMAL to trust fully our brothers and sisters but in the world we live today that's not longer possible, in my opinion.

25th Sep, 2008 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

Crime Heinous To Connection Mormon Another

My questions:

1. What happened to those who interviewed this man for the position of Bishop?
2. What about the First Presidency who approved the position, as they must with all Bishops?
3. What about all those people who sat in his office to hear him utter, "I have prayed and was inspired to tell you..."
4. What about all those talks, the disciplinary councils that he may have sat on as a 'judge' in Israel?

Why...

25th Sep, 2008 - 3:36am / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime

QUOTE (JB @ 24-Sep 08, 10:23 PM)
My questions:

1. What happened to those who interviewed this man for the position of Bishop?
2. What about the First Presidency who approved the position, as they must with all Bishops?

It doesn't say when he was Bishop, only that he was a former Bishop. It may have been 30 years ago. Before this incident last year, and maybe even before the neighbor incident 15 years ago. It does not condone or excuse his actions in anyway but we don't know whether he committed any of these horrible crimes before or during his time as Bishop.

Even so, you would definitely have to question some things if he had been presiding over your congregation at any time.

That's why I say never say never. The only insurance is to stay away from those things that can lead you down the path of destruction. They are probably different for each of us depending upon our weaknesses.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Sep, 2008 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To Heinous Crime - Page 8

QUOTE (From above link)
McCleve was the bishop of the girls' LDS Church ward until 2004. Jackson said the parents trusted McCleve, who would often stop by the girls' home while the parents were away.

Before that he was already 'busy' according to the one woman that came forward and said she was molested at the age of six.

Members who look upon the man because of his title and forget that it is Christ that they must look upon will always fall prey to these things. I do not trust anyone or anything near my children. We are very aware of how the infiltrators work... they align themselves with what is perceived righteousness, but something about them shines through... something that says... all is not right here. It amazes me that people do not catch that. Maybe it is a gift, maybe we are just more aware.

25th Sep, 2008 - 3:57am / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To Heinous Crime Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 8

QUOTE (alskann @ 24-Sep 08, 11:36 PM)
It doesn't say when he was Bishop, only that he was a former Bishop. It may have been 30 years ago. Before this incident last year, and maybe even before the neighbor incident 15 years ago.

He was a bishop when he took advantage and abused the teen:

Jackson said an Ogden investigator has e-mails between McCleve and a girl who was a teenager when McCleve was her bishop. The e-mails suggest the two had a relationship, Jackson said.

Source 7

McLoser will have an interesting time with Bubba and his buddies.

> TOPIC: Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,