Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime - Page 9 of 14

Alskann, it is nice to see you back posting. - Page 9 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd May, 2009 - 5:38pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (14) »
25th Sep, 2008 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime - Page 9

McCleve was the bishop of the girls' LDS Church ward until 2004.

I missed that when I read it. Thanks for pointing it out.

You are right that some people are just plain creeps. We can get caught up with life and become desensitized to the clues and promptings that something is just not right. I would never allow my children to be checked on like that. I would never have just one man in a nursery. When Priesthood is needed for a nursery or similar I always ask for two. There should always be at least two adults whenever there is an activity with youth and/or children. You just never know.

Sponsored Links:
25th Sep, 2008 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

Crime Heinous To Connection Mormon Another

QUOTE (alskann @ 25-Sep 08, 12:00 AM)
I would never have just one man in a nursery. When Priesthood is needed for a nursery or similar I always ask for two.

Personally, I think we should be aware of everyone (not men only). Yes, most of these cases involve men but there are many cases that involve women as well like the Young Women Leader:

Source 6

Pedophiles come in all shapes and colors.

25th Sep, 2008 - 4:39am / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime Studies Doctrine Mormon

That is true. I did not mean to infer that only men are pedophiles. There should always be two-deep leadership whenever youth are involved. This is for the protection of the adults as much as the children. While the children are the most vulnerable, it has happened where a disturbed youth has falsely accused a lone adult leader of inproprieties. With at least two adults the likelihood of either offense is greatly reduced.

20th Mar, 2009 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Crime Heinous To Connection Mormon Another

This man makes me sick, I cannot believe they are even considering parole after what he has done to these poor little girls...even during Primary class!

UTAH STATE PRISON - A former police officer and LDS primary teacher convicted of sexually abusing children - including three girls in his Sunday church class - has been denied parole.

The Utah Board of Pardons and Parole announced its decision Wednesday, scheduling a June 2015 rehearing for Aaron Marcos Montoya, 37. The parole board noted that Montoya needed to complete sex-offender therapy before a decision would be made on releasing him.

"This decision is subject to review and modification by the Board of Pardons at any time, until actual release from custody," parole board chairman Curtis Garner wrote in the order.

Montoya was convicted of five counts of aggravated sex abuse of a child in 2005 and sentenced to five years to life in prison. The former Salt Lake County sheriff's corrections officer was convicted of molesting girls ages 4 to 7 in several different instances - at his home, at Pineview Reservoir and at an LDS chapel in Syracuse, where Montoya taught a primary class.

The testimony of the girls in the church class is believed to have led to the jury's guilty verdict against Montoya. At his January parole hearing, the parole board noted that he has since accepted responsibility for his actions.

3rd May, 2009 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

Crime Heinous To Connection Mormon Another

According to Ann Rule, in her book, 'The stranger beside me', Ted Bundy, a serial killer in the 1980's, while in the Salt Lake area, joined the LDS church, to fit in.

3rd May, 2009 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime

Correct, that's why when I hear someone saying "he/she is a Bishop/Relief Society President, they cannot do that", I want to shake my head in desbelief, I mean can people be THAT naive?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd May, 2009 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To Heinous Crime - Page 9

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 19-Mar 09, 9:41 PM)
[QUOTE]UTAH STATE PRISON - A former police officer and LDS primary teacher convicted of sexually abusing children - including three girls in his Sunday church class - has been denied parole.

The Utah Board of Pardons and Parole announced its decision Wednesday, scheduling a June 2015 rehearing for Aaron Marcos Montoya, 37. The parole board noted that Montoya needed to complete sex-offender therapy before a decision would be made on releasing him.

What are these people thinking? Every study I have read and every training I have taken on sex offenders shows the same outcome. These perverts do not rehabilitate. Some may be able to curb their impulses for a time - by staying away from temptation - but the urges will always be there.

Even if he completes "sex-offender therapy" there are no guarantees he won't offend again.

3rd May, 2009 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To Heinous Crime Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 9

Alskann, it is nice to see you back posting. smile.gif

It is true, they do not rehabilitate but I guess after finishing their sentence there are no laws in place that can allow these people to be in some sort of mental institution? I mean, you KNOW once they're out they will re-offend it is no a matter of "if" but a matter of "when". It gives me the shivers we have them at Church in Primary callings!

> TOPIC: Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,