Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime - Page 10 of 14

My wife had an uncle in Utah that was accused - Page 10 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 20th Aug, 2009 - 12:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
3rd May, 2009 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime - Page 10

The trend here in the states is toward de-institutionalization. Because of the way the laws are written (more and more to protect the criminal's rights) we end up discharging patients back into the community that you know are going to re-offend. There are no laws that will allow us to keep them in the hospital based on what they "might" do. We had one guy last year that flat out told us he would re-offend. The courts said we had to discharge him from the hospital. He was sent back to his small village on a tiny island where everyone knew him. At least that way everyone was aware of what he had done and what he was capable of. They watched the children very carefully. His urges were still there. He was found out in the woods with some of the village dogs. Use your imagination. Or better yet don't. The point is these people will find a way to satisfy their urges. Most of these offenders cannot be sent to isolated islands.

We have to do everything within our power to protect the children and other vulnerable people (and animals).

Rather off topic, but...
Hi! I am still super swamped - working 50+ hours a week. But I had to poke my head in for a minute. smile.gif How's everything in the sunny carribbean?

Reconcile Edited: alskann on 3rd May, 2009 - 6:04pm

Sponsored Links:
10th Jul, 2009 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Crime Heinous To Connection Mormon Another

A seminary teacher in Utah was arrested for having sex on different occasions with his 16 years old student. The man is 37, a husband and father. Like one of the parents in the article said, you send your kids to school with the hope that they are going to be safe specially a seminary teacher! My motto with regards to who supervises my kids: Trust no one!

HIGHLAND -- Police have arrested the seminary principal of Lone Peak High School on allegations he had several sexual encounters with a 16-year-old student. Police say the relationship may have been cultivated through the exchange of text messages.

Michael Pratt was a teacher and the principal of the LDS seminary in Highland. Students are allowed one hour of released time each day to attend religious classes, and detectives say that is where the 37-year-old husband and father became acquainted with the 16-year-old girl.

"The first part of May, the relationship escalated into a sexual relationship; many different types of sexual activities took place," said Utah County sheriff's Sgt. Matt Higley.

Even though school is out for the summer, detectives believe text messaging kept the relationship alive.

"There were a lot of sexually-explicit text messages sent back and forth between the two individuals. I don't know the specifics of those. We are waiting to get those from the cell phone companies," Higley said.

Some of the encounters took place inside a railcar at a park in Provo Canyon. Because Pratt allegedly took her away from class, he faces three counts of kidnapping.

"They left the school at least three times, and then they would go to various places: up Provo Canyon, places in the Alpine-Highland area, American Fork and also in south Utah County areas," Higley said.

Child welfare workers reported the alleged abuse to detectives just this week. Investigators say the victim was hesitant to cooperate at first, but has now given them specifics of the relationship.

As for Pratt, Higley said, "He had retained an attorney and been advised not to talk to us at this point."

It's a case that is leaving students, parents and colleagues in disbelief.

"You hope when you send your children to school, that they are going to be safe and those people who are teaching them are going to keep them safe," Higley said....

Source 8

The Church has released an statement:

"The Church condemns abuse of any kind and expects the highest moral and ethical standards of its seminary employees.

"The Church terminated Michael Pratt's employment as soon as allegations surfaced and immediately reported the matter to law enforcement.

"Our hearts go out to the victim and family members. Counseling and other resources have been offered to help the victim in the healing process."

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2009 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime Studies Doctrine Mormon

Former seminary principal faces 21 felonies

PROVO - Prosecutors filed 21 felony charges Friday against a former LDS seminary principal who they allege developed a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old student. Michael J. Pratt, 37, was charged in 4th District Court with 10 counts of forcible sodomy, seven counts of object rape and two counts of rape.... Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2009 - 12:02pm / Post ID: #

Page 10 Crime Heinous To Connection Mormon Another

Seminary student's account of sex abuse is cautionary tale

She opened up about her concerns, her hopes, her fears and her dreams. He was a good listener. For six months their friendship grew, as they spent more and more time together in his office. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 19th Aug, 2009 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

Crime Heinous To Connection Mormon Another

Ex-seminary principal waiting for evidence

AMERICAN FORK - Attorneys for the former LDS seminary principal accused of developing a sexual relationship with a student are waiting for more evidence before proceeding with the case. Michael Jay Pratt, 37, was surrounded by friends and former students Tuesday morning as he made an appearance in 4th District Court and got another hearing date for Sept. 8. Ref. Source 7

19th Aug, 2009 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime

Another loser. This man was not only a Mayor but also an LDS Bishop. Sometimes I am shocked at how vulnerable some members can be based on the "calling" a certain member holds. For me, everyone is equal. I will watch my kids like a hawk whether you are an investigator, a stake president or a general authority. No difference to me.

FILLMORE -- A former teacher at Millard High School pleaded guilty Wednesday to having a sexual relationship with one of his female students.

Keith Lorraine Gillins, 61, faces a maximum sentence of three years to life.

The charges were divided up between two counties. In Millard County, Gillins plead guilty to one count of attempted rape and two counts of sexual abuse for incidents that occurred in October and November of last year.

In Juab County, he plead guilty to attempted rape and attempted sodomy for an incident over the Easter weekend of this year.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Aug, 2009 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To Heinous Crime - Page 10

61? One would think he would have learned something by now. Again, further proof why we must never look to man no matter age, calling or background. I think the First Presidency at some point will need to retract that statement about local leadership not leading you astray. Coming to think of it:

Rather off topic, but...
On the Disciplinary Action form of the Church there is actually special boxes that ask if the person is a Stake President or Bishop. I always wondered why they would have uniform boxes for that rather than wait for the person to fill in their calling. Makes you wonder huh?

20th Aug, 2009 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Another Mormon Connection To Heinous Crime Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 10

My wife had an uncle in Utah that was accused of soliciting from what he thought was a 13 year old. ( He was a Temple worker) So I see this happening to people who I thought were pretty stable.

I think it is really hard to trust anyone these days (well, I think this has always been true of any age)

I guess the Story of David keeps getting played out again and again, and will not change until the Millennium.

+  « First of 14 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 

> TOPIC: Another Mormon Connection To A Heinous Crime

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,