Citizen: Farseer - Page 5 of 9

::::hair piled up on top of head, clipped, - Page 5 - Cozyville RPG Archive - Posted: 16th Mar, 2007 - 6:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Closed
In Cozyville!
16th Apr, 2006 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Citizen: Farseer - Page 5

:::squeezes out from between stacks of boxes:::

Whew! Honestly, I wonder why in the world we have to order so much in advance of the seasons?! I mean, I understand the "why" but it just seems as if there should be a little less pressure to buy Christmas stuff in May for crying out loud. I've just learned that the date for the big trade show has been moved up, and now I have to change my flight and hotel reservations ~ besides having to arrange for someone to handle the store while I'm gone. I suppose I could just shut the doors for a weekend, but I know how frustrated I get when I have just a little time to go shopping and then find a favorite store is closed. So I suppose I'll have to have my gal handle things. Maybe Louis, dear man, could check in on her, too. Although, I suppose leaving him with both girls and the store would be a bit much :grin.gif:

Oh, those girls! They are so delightfully *girls* that I can't hardly believe it. So petite and so particular, and so expectant that everything should be perfect for them. I worry when they will discover that life is not always peaches and cream, that they will be sorely disappointed. And probably blame their mother for not taking care of it!

Our little Cozyville neighborhood has really begun to grow again. I'm so looking forward to meeting the new neighbors.

Sponsored Links:
4th Jun, 2006 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

Farseer Citizen

Can you believe that summer is upon us already? I look across the street at the Cozyville Elementary school and notice that the moms and dads picking up the children in the afternoons who are wearing shorts and sandals are already sporting tans! My goodness, where does the time go?

I had a successful buying trip, and I'm looking forward to making some space in the back room for the new things. I've decided that all of the "off-season" fashions will be given to the local homeless shelter. Perhaps they can store everything for next fall, and I know they can use the clothing in the cooler seasons. If not, they do have rummage sales periodically ~ perhaps they can sell what they can't use.

It was so great to get back to the family after my trip. Rozzy and Lizzy are just so sweet! Louis, dear man, is a patient saint.... and quite handsome, too! I sometimes take him for granted, but being away from home for a time always refreshes my memory of what a wonderful man I've married. He earned a thorough back massage for being such a dear wink.gif

The store did well in my absence, and my gal did a great job of keeping a log of transactions and restocking. I'm thinking she may be ready to move up now to that management position. Perhaps I can start thinking about hiring another gal, and taking some time off with regularity... Something to ponder and discuss with Louis.

6th Jun, 2006 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Citizen: Farseer Archive RPG Cozyville

Such a hectic weekend! We had a terrific "Sidewalk Sale" Saturday, and the clothes just flew off the racks! That was so terrific! We were very busy, but it was all to the good. After closing up and crunching the numbers, this was the biggest sales weekend the store has ever had. I'm so pleased with our (modest) success in this Cozy little town.

When I arrived home, exhausted, I found dear Louis and the girls had prepared a beautiful dinner for us! With a tablecloth and candles in the center of the dining table, and even flowers from our garden in vases around the room. It was so sweet and the girls were so pleased with themselves.... it was all I could do to keep the tears in check! We enjoyed a lovely family dinner, and then relaxed in the backyard in the summer twilight while the girls played in the sandbox. A lovely end to the day. Life is Bliss!

28th Sep, 2006 - 5:37am / Post ID: #

Page 5 Farseer Citizen

Spring and summer stock were packed into boxes and hauled to the local homeless shelter and the women's shelter, called "CASA" - Center Against Spousal Abuse. I'd heard that many abused women leave their homes with literally the clothes on their backs and their children! That sounded like a horrible situation to be in! So dear Louis and the girls and my store gal made the rounds with our out-of-season goods. It was very gratifying to see the expressions on the directors' faces. Not that I want to toot my own horn, but really, can you imagine having nothing to your name but a pair of jeans and a t-shirt? I truly hope they can put all of that to good use.

And now, of course, we have room to get cracking on our Fall and Winter lines. We put out some testers for the fall items and have had a good response, so far. The new brighter fall colors are really pretty, not boring old brown plaid! Cozyville will be tres fashionable this year, that is for sure smile.gif

23rd Nov, 2006 - 5:19am / Post ID: #

Farseer Citizen

Already the Holidays are upon us, can you believe it? I haven't done a lick of shopping, yet, but I'm sure I"ll find time eventually -- I always do, somehow. Louis's company is having a formal event for their Christmas party at the nearby swanky hotel. Wow! Thank goodness I have access to some clothiers - I will have the most fabulous dress for this party! And, of course, Louis will look fabulous in his tuxedo. Little Rozzy and Lizzy will stay with their grandparents for the evening, and Louis and I will have a real night out, and even stay at the hotel overnight. I hear they have jacuzzi tubs wink.gif

26th Feb, 2007 - 2:24am / Post ID: #

Citizen: Farseer

Well, I've done it - I've taken the huge step of promoting my long-time store gal to "manager" status. You should have seen her face! She's positively glowing, and I believe I've made a good choice. She and I now discuss the new lines, ordering tactics, and about hiring a part-time worker. We've decided to wait on that until spring, just before the summer vacation, so that she (or he) can have some experience in time to be of some actual help during the summer busy months.

And do you know what that means? I can have some time off this summer to be with my family more. Louis, I was surprised to find, is thrilled at the prospect.

Rozzy and Lizzy, my little dears, are growing so fast! It's amazing to think little Rozzy will be starting kindergarten, and Lizzy in preschool! My heavens, how time flies. I'm positively misty-eyed nearly every day, thinking about how my girls are so grown up.

We've had some fun getting our spring garden ready. The little seedlings are just starting to poke through the soil in our little starter cups that the girls water each morning. Cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, among other things, and even some flowers just to brighten things up 'round the edges. I've been reading on the natural ability of certain flowers in close proximity to certain vegetable plants will act as natural pest control. Isn't that interesting? I'm all for less chemical treatments in my food supply, thank you very much. It will be good for the girls to learn, as well, and we will be keeping a detailed journal of our experiments.

Life is grand.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Mar, 2007 - 5:52am / Post ID: #

Citizen Farseer - Page 5

The weather certainly is strange this year - some days cool and cloudy, then 80 degrees for a few days, then back to cool and cloudy. What kind of craziness is that? It's hard to know what to wear - and I'm in the fashion business! Hope this doesn't affect our Spring line sales...

16th Mar, 2007 - 6:12am / Post ID: #

Citizen Farseer Cozyville RPG Archive - Page 5

::::hair piled up on top of head, clipped, with sharp pencil stuck through it; another pencil is clamped tightly between front teeth::::

::::clicking of calculator keys mingles with the scratching of pencil on paper::::

:::slightly off-tune humming wafts through the clothing racks, as the golden sunset dapples the floor:::

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Citizen: Farseer

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,