Low Birth Weight

Low Birth Weight - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 2:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Maternal folic acid
Post Date: 5th Aug, 2005 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Low Birth Weight

Maternal folic acid level linked to birth weight

Reuters - Pregnant women who lack the vitamin folate in their blood are more likely to have a baby with a low birth weight, British scientists said on Friday
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...hl_nm/folate_dc

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2005 - 7:19am / Post ID: #

Low Birth Weight
A Friend

Weight Birth Low

My wife had to take folic acid when she was pregnant and they told her that her low counts could cause low birth rate. She took vitamins as well as drank allot of natural fruit juices to help the situation. As a result, our baby girl was only slightly under weight when she was born. My first two kids where not under weight at all being almost ten pounds and three weeks early. She did not have the deficiency either.

20th Feb, 2006 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

Low Birth Weight Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I wonder what is consider low birth weight? I try my best now that I am pregnant to take my prenatal vitamins and folic acid. My son Felipe was born with 6lbs 10 ounces.

21st Feb, 2006 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Weight Birth Low

My son was born 6lb 13oz and he was considered low birth weight; something like 2nd percentile in weight. He is almost 2 1/2 now, and he is still only in the 5th percentile for weight. I wonder if they make those charts based on a sampling of children, because he is definitely not as heavy as most toddlers in his age range.

15th May, 2006 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

Weight Birth Low

Automatically when you become pregnant in England, you are prescribed folic acid tablets and vitamin tablets. further into the pregnancy, you then have to take iron tablets (only as prescribed by your Doctor).

I don't think a baby over 6lb would be classed as low birth weight here in the UK, but they do have special baby units for very low birth weight babies, that normally weigh between 2.2lb and 6lb.

15th May, 2006 - 11:17pm / Post ID: #

Low Birth Weight

Yes, I think low birth weight is under 6 pounds. I'm surprised, malexander, that they told you 6/13 was low! Folic acid plays a very important part in "building babies," especially the brain and spinal cord, and helps women overcome certain forms of anemia. It think it's a B vitamin? Important to know, for those in their childbearing years smile.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2017 - 2:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Low Birth Weight

Taking folic acid in late pregnancy may increase childhood allergy risk. Taking folic acid in late pregnancy may increase the risk of allergies in offspring affected by intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR), new research indicates. Source 7e.

> TOPIC: Low Birth Weight

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,