If You Were To Write A Book... - Page 3 of 5

First off, let me address Ambria. Although - Page 3 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 2nd May, 2008 - 9:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
11th Sep, 2005 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

If You Were To Write A Book... - Page 3

I would write a fantasy novel with a werewolf a main character. I would also use my Physics and science background to do McGuiver like solutions to some of their problems based on material that was available at the time. So I guess this would be considered alchemy of the time. Like good comic book heros, these characters would have emotional flaws and come for dysfunctional backgrounds. This would provide more color for the characters' creation.

Wyldehorse

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2005 - 9:27pm / Post ID: #

If You Were To Write A Book...
A Friend

Book Write Were If

I would love to write a fictitious fantasy like book. It's so much fun getting lost in other worlds and creating a reality for the enjoyment of others. I always tend to enjoy books that are set in the medieval era and deal with so many different creatures and situations. It's great! Anytime I have ever done any writing, that had been the type of writing that came easiest to me.

11th Nov, 2005 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

If You Were To Write A Book... UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

If I were to write a book it would be a fantasy novel, I am a Game Master of a Role Playing Game-group that consists entirely of my very best friends.. it seems to me a workable combination.

I play about 3 times a month, each session I prepare and tell a story in which my friends play their part and they make for unique characters.. and sometimes they amaze me with their ideas, twists and personality!
I think large parts of it can be rewritten relatively easily to make for a great novel
, with so many friends backing me up with their inspiration it can hardly fail.

Even so I doubt I have the writers talent, but it has been done before, the 'Dragon Lance' books (Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman) has started out that way.. and turned out to be an excellent background and story for a whole lot of books!

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2005 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Book Write Were If

I would write fiction. I can never stay in reality for too long, so I insist on writing my ideas down. It'd probably include someone with a power they can't control and don't realize how dangerous it is. My characters tend to be cold-hearted and self-centered...maybe I should write a murder mystery... biggrin.gif Nah, I'll stick with my current vampire novel...

"But Taro, you do understand we'll be outnumbered three to one, right?"
"Of course, Rain."
"Then why fight?" whined the girl, hugging Taro close.
"Because...I don't want you to be like me, Rain," he said, sighing.
"Like you?" she asked, cocking her head to the side.
"You'll understand," he said, pushing her away...for the final time.

27th Nov, 2005 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Book Write Were If

If I where to write a book it would have to be fiction and set in the medevil time frame. It would be a lot like the old adventure books that gave you choice's at the end of the page to what page you turn to next. To let the storey unfold the way the reader wanted or thought they wanted it to. Only problem is it would have to be about two thousand pages cause there are three sides to every storey(coin).

The main character would be at the discretion of the reader. The plot would weigh on the good, neutral, evil choices made through out the book . The endings would be numerous and not to many fairy tale type endings if any.

21st Aug, 2007 - 5:52am / Post ID: #

I am writing a book right now. Its a love story about a latino librarian falling in love. though all the characters are latino it is not latino lit.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Mar, 2008 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If Were Write Book... - Page 3

I have a book started but it takes me a bit due to all the work I do. I have about 40 to 50 pages finished so far. It is a fantasy type of book. I have it saved on disk a old 3.5 card right now. I will eventually get enough of it written to transfer to a CD or even a scan disk. I am just slow smile.gif

Post Date: 2nd May, 2008 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If Were Write Book... Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 3

First off, let me address Ambria. Although most people will tell you that writing is creative and should not have discipline to it, that advice often comes from people who have never tried to be a writer for a living. You can find creativity may work better for you if you schedule it. Advice I received from a book entitled "A Writer's Time" is probably the most important thing I"ve ever learned about writing. "Do what ONLY you can do, FIRST, schedule the rest around it." So, if your "free time" is currently taken up with cleaning, doing things with friends or family, or watching television, then SCHEDULE yourself from 45 minutes to an hour and a half to dedicate to your creative work. The dishes can wait or someone else can do them. Sweeping can wait or someone else can do it. ONLY you can write what you write. If you give yourself the same time every day to write you will find that the time grows more productively spent with each session. Now the book said that the time set aside for writing was JUST for writing but I"ve had to schedule my writing time for research as well, or making the outline, using a "Name Your Baby" book to find names for my characters or whatever. I consider this an integral part of writing time. No one else can do most of this for me because they don't know what I"m looking for and it would take too long to explain it.

The second key I received from this book (I"d give you all the author and ISPN but I don't have the book here, it's in storage) is that in order to keep your creative juices flowing you MUST schedule yourself time off. Professional writers only work 8 to 10 hours a day at their craft. They give themselves time for a real life besides. When I get stuck on a project, I put it away and go do something I think is fun. Also I usually have at least three projects going at the same time. When I get stuck on one I switch to another. If I"m stuck on all the projects, I get away from writing altogether for a while, allowing my "batteries" to recharge.

To avoid the problem of loosing track of what you are doing, the book also recommended that you stop in the middle of a sentence. Yes, do not finish the sentence and definitely not the last paragraph upon which you were working. Seeing an unfinished sentence when you come back to your work is a 'trigger" for your creativity to jump-start you back into what you were saying. It works about 80% of the time for me.

I am of the opinion that the most important question you asked was if the type of book I wanted to write I could write well. I have found that I am much better at some subjects than at others. I"ve written novels, essays, articles, letters, message board posts, you name it. Some subjects flow from me with ease and some are like pulling my own teeth. For anyone contemplating attempting to make a career of writing I do have a major caution. LEARN THE GRAMMAR OF YOUR LANGUAGE! If you can't speak and communicate PROPERLY in your own language you are never going to get published. I belong to several chat boards for aspiring writers and it is appalling how few people actually understand English (the only language I know). How do these kids get to be seniors in High School when they can't put a sentence together properly? I know the American Public School system is not very good but I"ve seen some writing of which my child was better at 5 than these kids are at 17.

I have written novels or stories in the "Contemporary", "Erotic", "Espionage", "Fantasy/Romance", "Science Fiction", "Sword, Sorcery and Fantasy" and "Horror" genres. I have written articles on "Apartment Farming", "Metaphysics", "Comparative Religion" and "Politics". I have been published in a college literary magazine, several "Cult" papers (New Age/Wiccan religion), and for the State of New Jersey Social Services Newspaper. As of this date I have yet to get any of my novels published but that was more because of ignorance of the publishing field than lack of trying. I have some of my stories online at various 'social networking" sites and I am currently in the market for a literary agent. It's time these novels got off my computer and into the hands of a publisher.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: If You Were To Write A Book...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,