If You Were To Write A Book... - Page 2 of 5

I've started writing a book it called - Page 2 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 8th Sep, 2005 - 10:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Post Date: 24th May, 2005 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

If You Were To Write A Book...
A Friend

If You Were To Write A Book... - Page 2

I tried my hand at Sci Fi-Fantasy incorporating some themes I've not seen yet in this genre... and a religious story about my sojurn in Utah among the Mormons... And some children's stories and poems. I got a pantload of those.

For me... it was just a matter of finding your 'style'... and taking off with your imagination. Some people chicken out on the prospect because writing reveals so much about them personally. They guard and weave and get frustrated because their creativity is stunted.

I just say... hectic or no hectic... let er rip. Don't think... just start enjoying the experience like going to the woods or a buffet with more stuff you could possibly eat! Write a little bit of this and a little bit of that.. scratch it out... have fun with randomness... you never know where it will lead you...

And don't be a perfectionist. You'd be surprised how many times the people/audience/readership has doused the naysaying of the so called 'critic' whether neighbor or professor or whatever....

Go for it... just get your brain all naked and frolic in the wooded green glade of the water falls and rocky pools that is your imagination...

(it's fun you know)

Sponsored Links:
25th May, 2005 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Book Write Were If

To date, my only published works have been short fiction and poetry. I have yet to write a novel worthy of publication. Once I complete my doctorate, I may give it another try. I love medieval historical fiction and would like to try my hand at that. I am also fond of Maguire's retellings of fairytales, particularly his Wicked. I think my profession, English instructor, makes me overly critical of my own writing. While I excell as an essayist, I feel I am lacking as a novelist, probably because I have read so extensively that I have too much to campare myself to, usually unfavorably.

Post Date: 25th May, 2005 - 4:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

If You Were To Write A Book... UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Calaban...

And that's the rub... comparing ourselves among ourselves, we do err... that was my downfall until I just chucked it all and wrote what I like.

Call me a fool... call me whatever... but the politic of academia stunted my creativity and soul so I went for 'academia' non-religiously not after the precepts of egos and station, but for the sheer joy of learning, exploring, and musing... disregarding the pontifications of the so called experts... which... I might add... chided whispers of... "he quit because he couldn't hack it"

That's fine. I don't care. I don't need a club for validation. And anyone aspiring to track it out on paper shouldn't either. I say, ol man... keep on truckin. After all... Melville's Moby Dick wasn't popular at the time and wot now... I fancied Billy Budd much more. So who knows. Your stuff might be a classic one day but you'll never hear about it in mortality. And we'll never know unless you write it.

SteveB

25th May, 2005 - 10:32pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Book Write Were If

Too right. One never knows. I, however, must stick with academia and its limitations a bit longer to reach a few personal and career goals. I am considering (after I finish my EdD) returning to writing as more than a hobby. I have made a few local writers' acquaintances, and they are very encouraging. If it so happens that my career takes me out of the classroom, I may have to return to school for an MFa, just to get in some English classes. It would kill me to go without teaching my subject for very long.

Post Date: 26th May, 2005 - 2:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Book Write Were If

Cal...

You are more focussed than I. Though I enjoyed teaching when I did it, I am one of those fellows with a less diciplined disposition... and I must admit, my tendency to sloth has short run some of my goals... but... my fault.

Yet... when MR. Muse hits... it's big time inspiration. Though I do realize I need a bit more of what you got.

SteveB

26th May, 2005 - 6:02am / Post ID: #

I'd love to write a book. The genre would be very difficult for me to decide as I have so many ideas and only a journal to put it in. Maybe a book about my extended family and all the drama and saga that happens. I have always wanted to write for children and I'd like to illustrate them myself too. An autobiography would be too hard for me ....

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Sep, 2005 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If Were Write Book... - Page 2

If I were to write a book I would write about the future lives of people in a unique place of the world. Especially, places like the City of Yellowknife,Northwest Territories,Canada(Yes,MY FAVORITE CITY),Malawi and Sandusky,Ohio. I can see something in Yellowknife about global warming,some sort of mining disaster(it's the Diamond Capitol of North America), or the how a series of crimes based on alcoholism.(Yellowknife,sorry to say, has huge problems with alcoholism in the winter) Maybe it will be interesting to put them all together. But despite all the negativity about Yellowknife it's still's a beautiful city of ancient First Nations cultures,and the modern get rich quick scheme of people from a hundred nations against the beautiful backdrop of the Northwest Territories, mountains,lakes and the eerie Northern Winter. God, it sounds like such a great book,problem is putting it all together. If anyone has any ideas,please help me.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2005 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If Were Write Book... Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 2

I've started writing a book it called "The Crescent Moon Blade" It's about a young man named Zelph who has to collect the seals of the 12 masters of Kendo. On the day that he receives his sword his best friend draws an evil sword and becomes evil incarnate. Now he has to hunt down and destroy the sword or kill his best friend. What will Zelph do?

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: If You Were To Write A Book...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,