Mormon Perspective On Suicide - Page 2 of 2

Anyone who is considering suicide or who has - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Apr, 2017 - 7:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
15th May, 2005 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

Mormon Perspective On Suicide - Page 2

I know suicide is horrible and causes alot of pain to the survivors but some people have suffered horrible abuses from their caretakers that effect them physically and mentally and their thoughts are not always rational but are real to them or all they know, that is why I know only our Lord can judge these presious souls that chose to leave us to soon. Do not judge me until you have walked a mile in my moccasins, I always try to remember this wise old saying or as christ said he without sin cast the first stone. This is one we will have to let the lord judge.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th May, 2005 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Perspective On Suicide
A Friend

Suicide Perspective Mormon

My grandmother committed suicide February of 2000. My mother was deeply concerned about her salvation. One day as I was studying the situation in my mind I had a deep impression that her soul was saved. Here are the reasons the spirit gave me, she was suffering from Deminsia, Alzihimers, and Parkinsons. She had out lived three husbands. So because of her mental capasity it is not held in judgement against her.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2016 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mormon Perspective On Suicide Studies Doctrine Mormon

LDS Church launches 'Preventing Suicide' website during National Suicide Prevention Week

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — The LDS Church launched a new "Preventing Suicide" webpage on Thursday to provide resources for those who struggle with thoughts of suicide and give assistance to their friends and families.

"Preventingsuicide.lds.org provides help and support for those who struggle with thoughts of suicide, know someone… Ref. Source 1p.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 7:17am / Post ID: #

Mormon Perspective On Suicide
A Friend

Page 2 Suicide Perspective Mormon

Anyone who is considering suicide or who has committed suicide has a mental illness of some sort, and just like physical illnesses they can inhibit the way our brains process information. Our physical bodies unfortunately are made to break down over time and get sick, and sometimes those sicknesses aren't visible to anyone else. Anyone who has been suicidal can tell you of the desperate loneliness that is almost impossible to shake, and I personally have had to remind myself that it was Christ who died on the cross. He was crucified - and utterly alone. There were no kind touches, no shoulder for him to cry on, and certainly no reassuring voices, except perhaps that of the Spirit.

This general conference had a fantastic talk by Jeffrey R. Holland that really spoke to me about mental illness. In particular he said:

international QUOTE
I also find it hard to sing sunny, bouncy lyrics when so many around us suffer from mental and emotional illness or other debilitating health limitations. Unfortunately, these burdens sometimes persist despite the valiant efforts of many kinds of caregivers, including family members. I pray we will not let these children of God suffer in silence and that we will be endowed with His capacity to hear the songs they cannot now sing.
(Source: Songs Sung and Unsung, April General Conference 2017)

While he didn't go into great detail, the point is that we cannot judge another's pain, and I feel those that say that someone who commits suicide is going to 'hell' is judgement (Not to mention the point that we don't necessarily have a 'hell', rather an outer-darkness saved for those who know without a doubt the truth of the gospel, even as Cain did, and still scorn him anyway).

My mother spoke frequently about whether or not she'd go to hell for killing herself when she was planning her suicide. It bothered her greatly but her pain was so great that she told me she just didn't care. Our Heavenly Father doesn't scorn us for our pain; it is but another trial of mortality and as Jeffrey B. Holland quotes a hymn in his talk, “Jesus listening can hear the songs [you] cannot sing.”.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormon Perspective On Suicide

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,