Kabbalah - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 15th Jan, 2005 - 7:00am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
New Pop Culture?
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2005 - 12:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Kabbalah

POP CULTURE OR RELIGION?

Madonna does it. Britney does too. And Ashton, Demi and Paris are just a few of the other celebrities to add their names to a growing religious practice -- and trend -- Kabbalah.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...03087%2C00.html

What is It?

Kabbalah is an aspect of Jewish mysticism. It consists of a large body of speculation on the nature of divinity, the creation, the origin and fate of the soul, and the role of human beings. It consists also of meditative, devotional, mystical and magical practices which were taught only to a select few and for this reason Kabbalah is regarded as an esoteric offshoot of Judaism.

More Info:

Ref. https://www.digital-brilliance.com/kab/faq.htm

Sponsored Links:
8th Jan, 2005 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Kabbalah

I think they are just doing it to get attention, especially considering the fact that they all started it following Maddona's interest. Kabalah is part of Jewish tradition, I don't see why all these non-Jewish Hollywoodians will be interested.

9th Jan, 2005 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Kabbalah Judaism Studies

I agree that it is just a fad, among the Hollywood elite. They are approaching it from a "New Age" point of view, rather than a real search for the mystical tradition (at least in my opinion).

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2005 - 7:17am / Post ID: #

Kabbalah
A Friend

Kabbalah

I don't know that I agree that the celebrities are doing it for attention. Kabbalah takes a lot of dedication and devotion to truly practice. I am however, curious as to their motivation. Kabbalah was originally only for Jews and in practice, Jew and Gentile Kabbalah are slightly different. I have studied Kabbalah a little, I am curious of anyone in the forums practices Kabbalah, and why they chose to practice it.

Post Date: 14th Jan, 2005 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Kabbalah
A Friend

Kabbalah

I am a little curious of the Kabbalak myself. What is so appealing to the stars and is it a new scientology? ( I do not made the comparison just to point same similar spreading pattern)

14th Jan, 2005 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Kabbalah

It's in 'fashion' and that's why everyone is doing it rolleyes.gif Kabbalah is not a 'new' thing so I don't understand when they want to put it as something that it was just 'created'. It is part of jewish culture....what? they (the Hollywoodians did not know that???).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2005 - 6:10am / Post ID: #

Kabbalah
A Friend

Kabbalah

QUOTE (Maicman @ 14-Jan 05, 7:54 AM)
I am a little curious of the Kabbalak myself. What is so appealing to the stars and is it a new scientology?

Kabbalah is a form of Jewish mysticism. Its not scientology by any means. Kabbalah seeks to get closer to God through rituals, magic words, and specific behaviors. Some religions have taken things from Kabbalah such as the catholic crossing of the chest. This is a mimic of the Kabbalah ritualistic cross that involves not only making the cross but light imagery as well. I know we aren't supposed to put websites in the posts, but if you are truly interested in Kabbalah, here is the best website I have found.
https://www.kabbalah.com/kabbalah/

15th Jan, 2005 - 7:00am / Post ID: #

Kabbalah Studies Judaism

I have been interested in Kabbalah for a very long time. However, I have been reluctant to delve too much into it.

I do believe that there is power within the mystic traditions such as Kabbalah. I am not sure where the power comes from, if it is simply a matter of lesser tools that God has given to mankind, or if the power is counterfeit of the true spiritual powers.

I will definitely be looking at the website you referenced.

Offtopic but,
It is perfectly fine to put links to websites that contain reference material that pertains to a discussion. It is primarily within the introduction topics that links are discouraged, since so many people like to use those topics as ways to spam the forum and advertise their own websites.

In fact, a link to a news story or a large informational page is preferable to a user posting the entire thing.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Kabbalah

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,