How To Drive A Ski Boat

How Drive Ski Boat - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 1st Feb, 2005 - 7:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th Jan, 2005 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

How To Drive A Ski Boat

I am terrified of ski boats, I think they are so dangerous..laugh.gif I don't know why, I"m just afraid of them. If you have drive one in the past then you know there are certain "rules" you should follow in order to be safe and keep the people around you safe also. It is very important that you become familiar with the boat and with each parts of it and be very aware of how the current of the water is at the time you have to drive your ski boat, this can save you lots of headaches later. Make sure you write down or keep in your mind what you would do in case of an accident or emergency. It is always wise to be ready BEFORE the actual incident takes place.
More information and guidelines here:

https://www.ehow.com/how_7308_drive-ski-boat.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2005 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

How To Drive A Ski Boat
A Friend

Boat Ski Drive How

I have driven a ski boat twice with two different people. Both times, the owner of the boat stayed very close to me since so many accidents are caused by errors due to driver mistakes. " The largest single source of risk in recreational boating is human error. What contributes most heavily to boating accidents is failure to exhibit the behavior needed to minimize risk, such as...standing up at the wrong time, steering a wrong course through waves, and setting out under the wrong conditions. Combating the various errors involves different approaches to instruction, regulation and vessel design." Analysis of Human Error in Boater Safety: https://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:Tsny_gx...chapter+3&hl=en

If I were going to drive a ski boat again, especially without another experienced driver around, I would definitely look into taking a course to teach me how to drive it and to be better prepared. It wasn't so scary driving a boat before, but I was a lot younger then. I think it might be scarier now because I better understand the ramifications of my actions/behavior as the driver. The thought of possibly hurting others if I did not take the time to learn about driver safety and accident prevention would definitely convince me to learn all that I could before attempting to be a boat driver again. Below is an example of such a course.

Due to the great number of boating accidents in the recent months Tres Martin has decided to start a school that educates drivers of...boats on how to operate their equipment...Today's performance boats take more skill and knowledge than before due to their designs. Many boaters have never been shown the proper way to turn, trim or even make judgment in traffic situations with these fast hulls. The course also includes, general safety, safe maintenance, safe corrective measures on the water, and docking. This course is intended to save lives, help insurance rates, and promote safe boating.  Website: 

https://www.offshoreonly.com/index.php?opti...&id=23&Itemid=0

> TOPIC: How To Drive A Ski Boat

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,