Nautical Star

Nautical Star - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 1st Feb, 2005 - 6:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

11th Jan, 2005 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

Nautical Star

I am sure you have watched Popeye when you was a little kid"¦or maybe as I do, you still watch it! smile.gif Have you notice that Popeye has a tattoo of a Nautical star on his arm? This is also very popular between sailors. They come in different colors, and each color has a special meaning. This is a little bit of what I found about Nautical Stars.
"Nautical stars were first tattooed on early sailors because they relied on the stars to find their way, therefore they always had a star to be with them and always knew where they were going in their own lives and at sea. It was kind of a sense of security and guidance."

https://www.faqfarm.com/History/Maritime/1873

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2005 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Nautical Star
A Friend

Star Nautical

I have read this article several times since it was posted. It is interesting to me that a tattoo would represent something like this, and I think it's kind of neat. As well as reading the article, I searched the net and found a lot more information about the nautical star tattoo's. In the referenced article by LDS, it says this:

the common nautical star that most are familiar with (red and black) has a counter part that is green and black. the colour red is used to represent the port side (left) and green is used to represent the starboard (right.)....I believe the design you are all talking about is the traditional design for the face of a ship's compass. The 4 longest points indicate the cardinal directions, N, S, E & W. Between these are shorter points for NE, SE, SW, and NW. 16 additional points indicate NNE, ENE, etc.

Nautical star tattoo's can come in all different colors, but the traditional ones are a combination black, red, and/or green. Someone on this site also said that the Nautical Star is a symbol to follow your dreams.

> TOPIC: Nautical Star

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,