LDS Role-playing Games

Lds Role-playing Games - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 21st Jan, 2005 - 12:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
What do you think?
12th Jan, 2005 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

LDS Role-playing Games

I was thinking about creating an LDS related Role-playing Game. Of course LDS members would be the ones interested in this, but the questions are:

1. Do we set in Book of Mormon times and make it work like Medieval?
2. Do we set it in modern times and make it work more like Love & Life Bytes
3. Or we can do it as stages of progression like Cozyville?
4. We can make it separate or intergrade it with Cozyville as an extension.

How would players 'win'? Should we bring in a lot of the religious element or just enough to flavor the storyline?

Your feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links:
12th Jan, 2005 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

Games Role-playing LDS

As you may have noticed, I like the more relaxed types of Role-Playing Games, such as the munjpets and Cozyville. I don't really play Role-Playing Games, even computer or console based ones, to win, but rather to finish.

I can't think of ANY type of LDS Role-playing Game that would interest me.

I would strongly suggest that if you do make on, though, don't restrict participation ONLY to LDS members. Others might find it interesting, and use it to learn and explore our ideas and culture.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2005 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

LDS Role-playing Games
A Friend

LDS Role-playing Games Studies Doctrine Mormon

I like the idea of an LDS rpg. You could use different settings from the Book of Mormon, and there could be different characters; one's that are trying to preach or make righteous decisions (King Benjamin, Nephi, Alma, Samuel, Mormon,Abinidi, etc.) along with one's that are trying to destroy prophets and leaders and trying to stop whatever God is trying to role forward (Korihor, Laban, Laman, Lemual, King Noah, Nehor, Gadianton robbers, etc). (I hope I know what I'm talking about here)

Reconcile Edited: dawnofthenew on 12th Jan, 2005 - 8:23pm

15th Jan, 2005 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

Games Role-playing LDS

Thanks for the feedback. If I make an LDS RPG I believe only LDS should play or at least those knowledgeable about LDS, simply for the benefit of reducing explanations of words and phrases. Can you imagine having to stop each game to answer an Email or thread about 'What is the gold plates?', 'Who is the Bishop?', 'Is that like an Arch Bishop?'. I guess it will also depend on what slant I take --> Book of Mormon or Latter-Times. I would still need more feedback for ideas though.

15th Jan, 2005 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

Games Role-playing LDS

I happen to have read some of the book of Mormon although I am not LDS. I think setting it back then will be really cool.

15th Jan, 2005 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

LDS Role-playing Games

It seems like that is what everyone is leaning towards, but my concern is that I do not want a duplicate or sub Medieval. I would have to think about other ways to 'win' other than fight and explore.

Offtopic but,
Was that for a school project Smudge? (Send an Email)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Jan, 2005 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

LDS Role-playing Games

A thought came to me about making it Solo style rather than an interactive RPG, or maybe I can blend both. My concern is how does someone win?

21st Jan, 2005 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

LDS Role-playing Games Mormon Doctrine Studies

Maybe it can be set in present time and you have to go on missionaries and convert the most people. I don't know how interesting that could be, but that's all I can think of.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: LDS Role-playing Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,