Under The Sea Mysteries

Under Sea Mysteries - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 24th Jan, 2005 - 5:09am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th Jan, 2005 - 4:08am / Post ID: #

Under The Sea Mysteries

There is so much under the sea that remains unexplored, and so much of the world is under water. Only recently are unmanned, robotic submarines being utilized to investigate in deep water. Here are some of the interesting things scientists are discovering.

~~begin clips~~

Ancient sunken islands found off California
Sandy beaches sank into Pacific millions of years ago
By Bjorn Carey
Updated: 2:06 p.m. ET Jan. 19, 2005

Sandy beaches are plentiful along the California coast, but not many are found below the ocean. Scientists just added three to the list.

What were once volcanic islands off the coast of California now sit at the bottom of sea.

The team from the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute, led by volcanologist David Clague, guided the remotely operated vehicle Tiburon, an unmanned submersible, and took the first video images of the Southern California seamounts. Images revealed wave-cut rock surfaces, eroded beach sand and rounded pebbles - all evidence that these seamounts were once islands.

~~end clips~~

More about this here:
https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6844056/?GT1=6065

Sponsored Links:
23rd Jan, 2005 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

Mysteries Sea Under

I believe it is advanced design that is enabling this. 1000s of pounds of pressure fall on a sub when it goes down below sea level. Besides the formations of underwater surfaces I think the unexplored life that exists is unbelievable. I once saw a documentary that showed there are literally thousands of species of life forms that are unknown in the deepest parts of the oceans. I personally wonder if there are any mammoth creatures (bigger than whales) that lurk there.

23rd Jan, 2005 - 4:24am / Post ID: #

Under The Sea Mysteries UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

I have been always so interested in this topic. smile.gif I have always thought that the deepest of the sea hides the most unbelievale treasures. There are even reports of pre-historic animals living in there.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2005 - 8:55am / Post ID: #

Under The Sea Mysteries
A Friend

Mysteries Sea Under

The ocean is one of my great interests when I was younger. At some point, I had some weird nightmare about an open sea shark getting me. I'm sure it came from the time I watched Jaws against my parents will at my friends house!

I always like the deep see expeditions that show us all kinds of really neat species we haven't seen before! I especially like the fish that have there own internal lights so they can see, that to me is the coolest thing about the ocean.

23rd Jan, 2005 - 9:56am / Post ID: #

Mysteries Sea Under

Also makes your wonder if there is some sort of truth behind the legends of sunken civilizations like Atlantis or the continent of Lemuria....

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2005 - 10:02am / Post ID: #

Under The Sea Mysteries
A Friend

Under The Sea Mysteries

I hadn't heard about Lemuria. I looked it up and its very interesting for those of you that like stories about Atlantis. Here is a great site to learn more of the lore behind it! https://www.lemuria.net/ And this one may be better https://www.crystalinks.com/lemuria.html

Reconcile Edited: konquererz on 23rd Jan, 2005 - 10:29am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jan, 2005 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

Under Sea Mysteries

When I was a kid, we always watched the Jacques Cousteau specials on TV -- fascinating stuff! I'm still interested in the sea and its hidden treasures. The new technology, as JB said, is what makes it possible now. So much of the ocean has not been explored, simply because there was not the technology to do it. I'm very much looking forward to the findings that will be brought to light as the technology gets more sophisticated.

> TOPIC: Under The Sea Mysteries

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,