See... I Can Do This!

See This! - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 14th Jun, 2006 - 3:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Children that try to show you how grown up they are...
Post Date: 15th Jan, 2005 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

See... I Can Do This!

See... I Can Do This!

Human children are always trying to convince their superiors that they can do things just as well or even better than them. Most of their pleas for attention start with "I am not small, see, I can do this...", then follows something that they feel will impress you. This thread is about some of the things your kids have done to 'prove' themselves equal to you.

Sponsored Links:
15th Jan, 2005 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

This Do I See

laugh.gif I don't where to start. My son Felipe is 4 years old but he needs help to use the bathroom...but...he doesn't think he does. He always keep telling me 'wait....wait' when he sees me approaching to the bathroom with him. When he is left alone then you hear silence and then he says 'Mommy, Felipe messed up the pants'. Go figure.

Other classic is when time to eat, he usually eats with a spoon since he is not ready yet to use a knife (he is very dangerous with one!)....yet he thinks he is. He demands a fork and a knife at table time and when I am closely checking how is he using it...he gets frustrated easily and starts eating with his hands....

Yesterday was the maximum laugh.gif I took him to a store to buy some personal items and then I told him we will go to the market to buy vegetables and fruits. He kept nagging me all the time we went to the store and I started getting angry at him but he did not listen. Then I turned to him and asked him: Felipe what do you want!!!? and he took from his little pocket a 25 cent coin (that I have no idea where he got it from) and replied "To buy potatoes".

laugh.gif

15th Jan, 2005 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

See... I Can Do This! Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

"To buy potatoes".

How sweet! Oh my gosh, that makes me smile and get teary-eyed all at the same time!

My daughter wants to impress me with her singing and dancing. I'm not sure why, since I'm not exactly a great singer or dancer, but that's her thing. "Mom, watch this!" and she spins, leaps, etc... "Mom, do you think my singing was good?"

She also wants to learn all about computers, and she want's to try all the computer games that she sees my son and I play -- she especially likes the Battleship game and "Feed the Birds" here on the Forum! I picked up a "learn to type" program pretty cheap last week and she *loves* it -- 10 words a minute and you'd think she was winning an Academy Award. I appropriately praise smile.gif

Roz

15th Jan, 2005 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

This Do I See

10 words a minute and you'd think she was winning an Academy Award

laugh.gif she is sooo cute. Aren't children WONDERFUL?. They are happy of the simplest of things! Look at us, adults, when was the last time we were happy of little everyday things?.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2005 - 8:46pm / Post ID: #

See... I Can Do This!
A Friend

This Do I See

It's a bit different here with my little guys. Colin just turned 4 last month, and Thomas will be 7 this Wednesday. They are polar opposites. Thomas, my special needs tiger, has many different challenges, both physical and emotional. He is globally developmentally delayed. His various skill levels and abilites are very scattered anywhere from what would normally be expected of a 5.5 year old to his present chronological age.

Colin, on the other hand, is extremely advanced, especially cognitively. While most of his peers (and Thomas) are still wrangling with 20-30 piece puzzles, Colin's doing 60+ pieces with ease. Colin can recite things like our phone number, all our family members' full names, and even the customer service number for Dish Network without missing a beat. I could add dozens of other examples, but I'm sure you get my point.

It's a delicate balancing act to know who should get praise- and how much, for achieving certain things. Thomas is somewhat aware of some of his limitations, and can get quite jealous of his little brother's advancements. Sometimes this is a good thing as Thomas refuses to be "runner-up" for too long. Still, it's hard not to give Colin too much deserved praise for something he may have only been trying to master for a week or so, when Tom has been hitting brick walls on the same activity for months.

Of course, I sure won't try to dissuade Colin from progressing at his own pace, no matter how advanced it is. Likewise, I won't let Tom quit or slack off out of envy or frustration. wink.gif

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2005 - 9:43pm / Post ID: #

See... I Can Do This!
A Friend

See... I Can Do This!

All of your children are just precious, and I can identify with what all of you said. My daughter is a singer and an actress (aspiring smile.gif ) She loves to put 'shows' together with the boys. We have a little puppet theatre and the boys will do that while my girl does her thing.

Something that has always melted my heart is that my children have at times, and not just on holidays, made me and sometimes my husband breakfast in bed. It is a joy to be served burnt toast, poptarts, carrots, leftovers, whole green peppers and such, and a variety of other things. They are better at using more appropriate breakfast food now, but I miss the 'smorgasbord' breakfasts.

Another few things that they like to do is pay the bill when we are out somewhere, cleaning the toilets, getting something from a high place, and tell me that I'm not going the right way when I'm driving home or somewhere else. I agree with LDS, let us treasure these special moments while they're still around to enjoy. wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Jun, 2006 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

See... I Do This!

Our little girl has special needs, and we were told that she would never be able to do 'pretend play', so it was rather a proud moment when the other day, she stood in front of the paddling pool, and shouted-- 'look at me Mummy and Daddy, I'm fishing'
She then pretended to cast a rod into the pool, complete with winding it in, and announced that she had caught a crocodile laugh.gif
Since then, she just loves to show us how good she is at this, I've even commented to my husband 'if only he could get through his fishing this quickly--or even catch so many fish! *laughs*

14th Jun, 2006 - 3:02am / Post ID: #

See... I Do This! Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

A crocodile! smile.gif Not just regular fishing, Mum, but crocodiles! Now that's awesome. I love those moments.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: See... I Can Do This!

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,