Rave & Intro Threads

Rave Intro Threads - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 16th Jan, 2005 - 6:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Their purpose and how to use them.
16th Jan, 2005 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Rave & Intro Threads

Intro Thread

When you first joined you made an Introduction Thread in which you talked about yourself (hopefully) and your purpose for being here. This thread is used for the purpose of members getting to you better. On occasion you may use your Intro thread to ask questions about the functionality of the community only AFTER reading and comprehending the FAQ and various policies we have here.

Now your Introduction thread can have more 'light' discussion, but it still MUST be constructive and should NOT contain topics that belong elsewhere on the forum. For instance you should not use your Intro thread to speak about the War in Iraq - use the International News Board for that.

If you keep in mind this question - "Is the message I am adding to my intro thread helping others to get to know me better or answering a specific question?" If the answer is 'Yes' then it is likely you are doing well, but if not then maybe an Email or IM (Instant Messenger) will be better for that.

Rave Thread

Rave threads are no different from Intro thread save for one point - they are in the Rave Board and are thus more accessible to those who may wish to get to know you better.

Sponsored Links:
16th Jan, 2005 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Threads Intro and Rave

Q. So you are saying that I cannot use my Intro/Rave thread to talk about something that interests me?
A. That depends... if it is about you personally then fine, but if it is relevant to a subject within another board then put it there.

Q. Can I talk about something like games or my favorite comic?
A. Well think about it, is that telling us more about you personally or does that belong in the Games and Comic boards? The answer is it belongs in the respective boards. Why is that so if it is something about me? Well, again, think about it. If you started a message in your intro thread about 'Spider-man' (as an example) then what is likely to happen... someone else is going to talk about Spider-man, and then the next person and the next person and soon it turns into a thread about Spider-man when there is already a thread in the Comics Board for [b]you to express how much you like Spider-man. The other way to look at it is this... someone is interested in getting to know who you are so they visit your Intro/Rave thread but instead of learning about you they are bombarded by rants about 'Spider-man'. I think this should give you an idea of why it is not a good idea if there is a board in existence for topics you want to start in your Intro/Rave thread.

Q. How will I know if I am not being constructive in my intro thread?
A. Your intro thread starts to look like messages that would be found in a chat room rather than intellectual posts where people can really get to know you better.

Q. Can I ask support questions in my Intro thread?
A. Yes, but ONLY after reading the FAQ board where MOST things are answered already. Also, if it is an individual functionality problem like error messages then you should contact the Administrator.

Q. I made a boo-boo in one of my messages and need a Moderator to change it, should I post that in my Intro thread?
A. No! There is a [Report] button on every message use it!

> TOPIC: Rave & Intro Threads

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,