How Often Do You Read Your Patriarchal Blessing?

How Read Patriarchal Blessing - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 27th Jan, 2016 - 7:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

?
Poll: Approximately, how often do you read your patriarchal blessing?
  Never       0.00%
  Rarely (once per year or less)       14.29%
  Sometimes ( Four or less times a year)       57.14%
  Often (monthly)       28.57%
  All the time (weekly or more)       0.00%
Total Votes: 7
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
This sacred blessing can help you.
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2005 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

How often do we read our patriarchal blessings? I think they are very important and can bless our lives greatly if we review it often. There have been times in my life that mine has helped me to make important decisions and to use it to know what my Heavenly Father's will is concerning me.

As moved upon by the Holy Spirit, the patriarch declares by inspiration the lineage in the house of Israel of the recipient, together with such blessings, spiritual gifts, promises, advice, admonition, and warnings the patriarch feels inspired to give. The patriarchal blessing is, in essence, a prophetic blessing and utterance.

A patriarchal blessing from an ordained patriarch can give us a star to follow, which is a personal revelation from God to each individual. If we follow this star, we are less likely to stumble and be misled. Our patriarchal blessing will be an anchor to our souls, and if we are worthy, neither death nor the devil can deprive us of the blessings pronounced. They are blessings we can enjoy now and forever.

Patriarchal blessings should be read humbly, prayerfully, and frequently... It is a sacred guideline of counsel, promises, and information from the Lord... In order to receive the fulfillment of our patriarchal blessings, we should treasure in our hearts the precious words they contain, ponder them, and so live that we will obtain the blessings in mortality and a crown of righteousness in the hereafter.  James E. Faust, "Priesthood Blessings," Ensign, Nov. 1995, 62
Sponsored Links:
17th Jan, 2005 - 3:44am / Post ID: #

Blessing Patriarchal Read You Often How

I didn't have a copy of my blessing for about 15 years. So when I started coming back to church, I made sure to write HQ and get a new copy. Oh, if only I had kept and read that precious document during those 15 years!! Would my life have been different? You bet it would! There are amazing things set forth in my blessing, quite specific and personal. I love reading it, and I tend to go in cycles; I'll read it several times over several days, then not read it again for a few weeks. But in general, I read it at least once a month. I keep a copy in my scriptures, since it is personal scripture for me, and include it in my studies.

What a great gift!
Roz

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2005 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Often Do You Read Your Patriarchal Blessing? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Maybe only once or twice a year. I'm not even sure where it is at right now. My wife knows where it is. I used to read it more often but as the years go by, I have neglected it. I've been thinking I should type it up and save it on my computer in case I lose it.

27th Jan, 2016 - 7:01am / Post ID: #

Blessing Patriarchal Read You Often How

I try to read my patriarchal blessing whenever it comes to my mind. Usually I'm reminded about it in talks and since I keep it in my scriptures its always right there when I need it!.

> TOPIC: How Often Do You Read Your Patriarchal Blessing?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,