Marine Kills Cop

Marine Kills Cop - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Jan, 2005 - 12:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2005 - 12:34pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Marine Kills Cop

POLICE: COP-KILLER MARINE HAD COCAINE IN SYSTEM

Investigators have rejected the theory that a 19-year-old Marine ambushed
police officers in Ceres, California, in order to avoid returning to Iraq, a
sheriff's spokesman said Sunday.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/16/marine.shooting/index.html

Sponsored Links:
18th Jan, 2005 - 2:51am / Post ID: #

Cop Kills Marine

Obviously, this was a troubled individual. The situation in Iraq is not great and it is a stressful situation. However, there are other ways to deal with stress. Cocaine and guns arent probably the best ways to deal with it.

Just a thought,

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2005 - 9:24am / Post ID: #

Marine Kills Cop
A Friend

Marine Kills Cop History & Civil Business Politics

The case has little to do with Iraq at the first impression, it just happened to be related ...but it nevertheless rise a question mark about the legitimate to send army there agains their will. One may say that is their job (I do not give names:) but still I believe the situation is not that simple in this case.

18th Jan, 2005 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Cop Kills Marine

Maicman, while it may or may not be a just war, I know for a fact that there is not a Marine today who is anything other than a volunteer. If one doesn't want to risk going to war, any war, then they shouldn't enlist. Unfortunately, soldiers don't get to decide when a war is to their liking or not. That simply wouldn't work.

Now, I don't believe this incident had anything at all to do with the war in Iraq. I think that is the family trying to understand and come to terms with what happened, and perhaps find someone to blame.

The article indicates this guy was a gang member. This, likely, wasn't the first time he used drugs. That is an opinion. I don't have any evidence to say it wasn't the first time, but simply a thought. The police say it wasn't a case of suicide by police. The article doesn't say how they know that, but I assume they have reason to eliminate such a possibility. If this wasn't suicide, then I doubt it was an attempt to get out of going back to Iraq.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

> TOPIC: Marine Kills Cop

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,