Can Priesthood Blessings Be Given To Animals? - Page 2 of 3

I don't see why not. Priesthood holders - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 11th Jan, 2016 - 1:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Discuss  Can Priesthood Blessings Given Animals Mormons Blessing Animals?
20th Jul, 2005 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

Can Priesthood Blessings Be Given To Animals? - Page 2

I wonder though, would this be more based on prayer or an actual priesthood blessing considering that 1. how would you address the animal and 2. blessings are usually asked for and not just given out at will. Neither of these can any animal have unless you have named the animal beforehand.

Sponsored Links:
20th Jul, 2005 - 5:57pm / Post ID: #

Animals Given Blessings Priesthood Can

I wonder though, would this be more based on prayer or an actual priesthood blessing

Good question. I am not very sure but I think a bit of both. Laying of hands and prayer over the sick animal.

Post Date: 19th Jun, 2008 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Can Priesthood Blessings Be Given To Animals? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Name: Ken

Comments: I home teach a lady that just happened to ask me and my home teaching companion a couple of weeks ago for a blessing on her pet cat, We told her we couldn't do that, but that we would pray for the cat at the end of our visit and thats what we did.
I have wondered about giving an animal a blessing and thats why I did a Google search on the subject. I still have doubts about it, at least in my case, but I'm just curious what the official church rules are. By the way, I'm glad I found this site.

21st Jun, 2008 - 8:56am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Animals Given Blessings Priesthood Can

I don't see any harm in blessing sick animals if we are sincere. I found the following exerpt on the subject:

Terrible weather and lack of preparation caused people and animals much suffering. The first known example of blessing a sick animal took place at Indian Creek in Van Buren County, an act occasionally done in pioneer days. The death of an animal was a serious loss.
Stanley B. Kimball, "The Mormon Pioneer Trail, 1846-47," Ensign, Sep 1979, 72-76

22nd Jun, 2008 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Animals Given Blessings Priesthood Can

Since animals are already Heavenly Father's creatures why should we have to intervene at that level if he will take care of them. Praying should be enough.

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2010 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

Can Priesthood Blessings Be Given To Animals?

Name: Jesserroo

Comments: My family grew up with many pets and animals and my father gave them blessings when we would request it for their recovery. My husband and I have been discussing this lately and came across this from an account of Heber C Kimball. (He is my husband's great-great-great grandfather).

international QUOTE
"Later that month while the party was camped on Medicine Creek, a rattlesnake bit one of Heber's horses. Without hesitation he quieted the animal, handed its reins to someone, and laid his hands on the animal's head, blessed it, and rebuked the poison; the horse recovered. To those who wondered at the propriety of this, Heber answered simply, "It is just as proper to lay hands on a horse or an ox and administer to them in the name of the Lord, and of such utility, as it is to a human being, both being creatures of His creation, both consequently having a claim to his attention."

Source 1: Heber C Kimball: Mormon Patriarch & Pioneer Compiled by Stanley Kimball

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jul, 2013 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

Can Priesthood Blessings Given Animals - Page 2

Animals are celestial beings and deserve our help however we can give it even if its through a priesthood blessing.

11th Jan, 2016 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Can Priesthood Blessings Given Animals Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

I don't see why not. Priesthood holders can give a blessing but I would not anoint. I might symbolically place my hands on the animal, if its possible and offer a prayer.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Can Priesthood Blessings Be Given To Animals?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,