Truck Stop Chapels

Truck Stop Chapels - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 29th Jan, 2005 - 9:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Tune Up Thy Soul
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2005 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Truck Stop Chapels

FUELING THE SPIRIT: TRUCK-STOP CHAPELS ALLOW TRUCKERS TO TUNE UP THEIR SOULS

The little chapel sits in the middle of a truck-stop parking lot, surrounded by the rumble of engines. The noise, a constant hum punctuated by the occasional groan of an air brake, is a reminder that the congregation here is on both a spiritual journey and a long, relentless trip on the interstate.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...07804%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
29th Jan, 2005 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Chapels Stop Truck

I remember seeing a special on the Travel Channel about the Top Ten truck stops in the world. It was amazing to see some of the amenities that most of these truck stops had to offer, but most if not all offered some sort of chapel or prayer room. The world's best truck stop ended up being in Munich, Germany. I remember there was even a pool and spa at this one. Anyway, back to the topic. I think it is important for truckers to be able to stop and have a moment of silence, or attend a service, as they are on the road so much of their lives.

> TOPIC: Truck Stop Chapels

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,