Wal-Mart - Page 3 of 10

I'm listening to Fox News: Wal Mart - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 16th Apr, 2010 - 8:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »
Best of  Wal-Mart A Bully? Walmart - Wal Mart - Wall Mart
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2007 - 11:27am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Wal-Mart - Page 3

WAL-MART SEES SURPRISE JUMP IN JAN SALES

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. estimated on Saturday that January sales rose a stronger-than-expected 2.2 percent at its U.S. stores open at least a year, as shoppers redeemed their holiday gift cards.
Ref. https://money.cnn.com/2007/02/03/news/compa....reut/index.htm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2007 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Wal-Mart

Former Wal-Mart Worker Blows Whistle on Company Surveillance Operation, Spying of Critics

A former worker at Wal-Mart is claiming the retail giant is running a sophisticated surveillance operation that targets employees, journalists, stockholders and critics. The worker, Bruce Gabbard, says the retail giant spied on employees, journalists, stockholders and critics of the company. We speak with the Wall Street Journal reporter who broke the story. Ref. www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/06/142238

31st May, 2007 - 4:39pm / Post ID: #

Wal-Mart History & Civil Business Politics

In the US, people sue for anything hoping to become millionaires. This woman is suing Walmart for falling in a puddle of...vomit!

DAVENPORT, Iowa -  A woman's fall in a puddle of vomit has resulted in a lawsuit against Wal-Mart.

June Medema, of Blue Grass, slipped in the vomit at a Davenport Wal-Mart on June 13, 2005, according to the lawsuit, filed by Medema and her husband, James, in Scott County District Court earlier this month.

Medema claims that she was seriously injured in the fall.

The lawsuit alleges that Wal-Mart's negligence led to Medema's fall, but it does not specifically say how the store was negligent.

John Simley, a Wal-Mart spokesman, declined comment saying he hadn't seen the lawsuit.

The lawsuit claims that Medema suffered serious neck and upper back injuries in the fall and has undergone several surgeries and is unable to work...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2008 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Wal-Mart

Impact of Wal-Mart on economy

Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the world's largest retailer, has a negligible economic influence on the small counties where it is located and doesn't destroy local businesses, according to research by the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695242510,00.html

14th Feb, 2010 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Wal-Mart

To say Wal-Mart is not a bully is to say you are blind. Being a bully in big corporations is rule number one. Wal-Mart runs small businesses out of towns, pays its workers corn chips, has no benefits to speak of, the list goes on and on.

Watch the documentary, Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Prices, this should tune you in to more of the truth of the situation.

international QUOTE
I don't know what is the big deal with Wal-Mart, I wouldn't even be caught dead in there, don't tell me that you people actually shop there? I guess you poor people have to go to the less classy places?

Rather off topic, but...
ARE YOU SERIOUS?! How is that a constructive comment? You are just picking on on poor people, your comment is completely off topic. Just because you do not shop there doesn't mean you can't acknowledge it is a super store with a lot of power. Were are the moderators on this?
"I am sorry for being poor master, please excuse my worthlessness maybe I can buy your left overs at the salvation army."

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 14th Feb, 2010 - 8:54pm

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

15th Feb, 2010 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Wal-Mart

I also am unsure of the purpose of that comment, as that appears to be a moderator or bot, with an exceptionally trollful comment, which surprised me greatly.

I shop at Walmart, and for the customer, it is usually a good deal and I don't think that can be denied - just from a customer standpoint, overall, Walmart is quite a boon. But I agree on its bad side too, but it's so big, who's going to make changes to it, unless it's the people on the inside anyway.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 10 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Feb, 2010 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

Wal-Mart - Page 3

On the documentary I listed they talk about many towns in the US that fought legally to keep Wal-Mart out of their towns. However, like my home town just because you force them out of your town does not stop them from putting up a store just outside the town line.

Maybe this is why you find many Wal-Marts right off of a major highway. Also in the film they talk about Chinese employees being practically slaves, in almost every sense to the Wal-Mart company.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 70 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7%

16th Apr, 2010 - 8:20pm / Post ID: #

Wal-Mart Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

I'm listening to Fox News: Wal Mart is looking to open up in a part of Chicago that has met some resistance. Apparently, no one is willing to work for Wal Mart for less than US$11 an hour. The people are saying they cannot take care of their family on the minimum wage.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3212 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Wal-Mart

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,