Age Differences In Relationships - Page 6 of 14

Hi, Shortstuff - I don't know if it's - Page 6 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 12th Aug, 2008 - 12:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (14) »
Post Date: 9th Dec, 2007 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Age Differences In Relationships - Page 6

Name: Lindsey

Comments: I have to say that you can't stereo type a relationship just because of the age difference, if it doesn't work out it's because one your not in love and two you aren't on the same level of intellect or have to many differences, I'm dating someone 22 yrs. older than me and I couldn't feel more happy, comfortable, and in love and I feel that he's my equal , doesn't treat me like a child , I've been with him more than 2 years and still get giddy to see him or hear his voice we have fun together and we learn from each other, the only problem in our relationship is the way other people look at it, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG ABOUT LOVE EVER and it comes in all forms, if people knew how happy we were maybe they wouldn't judge so much.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Jan, 2008 - 4:36pm / Post ID: #

Relationships Differences Age

Name: Cindy

Comments: Our daughter is 16 (will be 17 in two months) and her boyfriend is 22. She is quite mature for her age and he is a nice level headed, working young man. Her father and I do not have a problem with this but her 21 year old brother does. He thinks we are terrible parents and want nothing to do with us if we continue to allow her to see this person. He doesn't live with us and in our opinion isn't living his life as we would like in that he drinks too much but he feels he can dictate how we parent his sister since she is only 16. Can anyone help? I wish we could get him to understand that age sometimes is simply a number. Sure, late 20's or older WOULD be a problem.

14th Jan, 2008 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

Age Differences In Relationships Health & Special Psychology

Not sure in what specific way you are expecting us to 'help'?

Post Date: 4th Mar, 2008 - 2:34am / Post ID: #

Page 6 Relationships Differences Age

Name: Shelley

Comments: Regardless of what is a normal age difference I am in a relationship with the largest age gap of a couple that I have ever heard of. I really have no psychological or definite explanation for this relationship. I don't know if it will last very long. We have lived together for 14 months. I am a 58 year old woman. Not wealthy, just a median income, not overly generous. He is a brilliant young man self educated, with ineffectual parents. He is 21 now, 19 when we first met. It's not accepted by some, I don't really care.

4th Mar, 2008 - 2:41am / Post ID: #

Relationships Differences Age

Shelley:

I am a 58 year old woman. Not wealthy, just a median income, not overly generous. He is a brilliant young man self educated, with ineffectual parents. He is 21 now, 19 when we first met. It's not accepted by some, I don't really care.

Wow, that's a big gap. You was lucky you met him when he was 19...otherwise you would have ended up with real problems with the law!

Post Date: 26th May, 2008 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

Age Differences In Relationships

Name: Raz

Comments: I recently started dating an older man. Got out of a relationship with a 20 yr old (I'm 21) who's about 4 months younger then me. 90% of the time I felt like his mother it was awful! He has the maturity of about 14, and I have the maturity (according to others) of 27/28 if not older (direct quote) smile.gif
Now the answer you've all been waiting for, the guy I started dating is 37. He's separated/divorced and has a 14 year old daughter.
The chemistry is undeniable, he makes me laugh, we laugh and actually talk, the sex? Mind blowing, and I don't have to mother him.
It was a little weird at first to walk around other people, feeling they were giving us strange looks, and holding him in my arms was a little odd. Now it's completely natural he doesn't look his age he looks 30 and I look like I'm 25. Some people still look at the age difference but I could care less now.
The more I get to know him, the more I like him, the more I realize that age DOESN'T matter. I've talked to friends and asked their opinions, Every single one of them has said they don't think there is a problem with that.
My parents are coming to visit and I am not introducing the guy, its a little weird for him because he was like, "if my daughter was 21 and dating a 37 yr old I'd kill him" I just said, well now maybe you'll have to open your mind a little more.
The parental situation, only tell the parents if it's serious, doesn't matter if he's 18 or 50.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Aug, 2008 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

Age Differences Relationships - Page 6

Name: ShortStuff

Comments: I don't know what I should do. I really like this guy and his older then my by 4 years. I'm 14 and his 18. Will this be illegal for us to date. Or will it be alright? As long as there is no Sexual stuff involved. Thats not in our minds and shouldn't be for a while. Please write back I'm really confused and I do not have a clue what I should do anymore.

12th Aug, 2008 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Age Differences Relationships Psychology Special & Health - Page 6

Hi, Shortstuff - I don't know if it's illegal where you are, but in most places, a man of 18 can be in trouble for "dating" a minor. Just being alone with you is grounds for arrest and prosecution in a lot of states. It's called "statutory rape," assuming that you don't know your own mind at your age but that a man over 18 should. In your shoes, I would be very, very careful.

> TOPIC: Age Differences In Relationships

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,