Age Differences In Relationships - Page 7 of 14

Name: Susan Comments: I am 6 years older than - Page 7 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 29th Jun, 2009 - 3:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (14) »
12th Aug, 2008 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

Age Differences In Relationships - Page 7

ShortStuff, tell me your location and I may be able to tell you. Thanks.

Sponsored Links:
12th Aug, 2008 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

Relationships Differences Age

An intimate relationship with a 14 year old? That boy needs a good lickin' and made to wear a bib with pacifier in a public park so everyone can see what a cradle robber looks like.

13th Aug, 2008 - 4:18am / Post ID: #

Age Differences In Relationships Health & Special Psychology

QUOTE (JoePublic @ 12-Aug 08, 7:03 AM)
Name: ShortStuff

I'm 14 and his 18. Will this be illegal for us to date. Or will it be alright? As long as there is no Sexual stuff involved. Thats not in our minds and shouldn't be for a while.

Just the fact that you think an 18 year old man has no sexual thoughts in his mind shows why this relationship is not a good idea. It is a fact of life, men think about sex. The difference is whether or not they are mature enough curb their appetites to appropriate circumstances.

I just finished reading all of the posts on this topic. One thought that kept coming to me is that no healthy adult would want to have a relationship with a child other than a mentoring situation. In my experience any adult who did cultivate a so-called friendship with children or adolescents was grooming them with ulterior motives in mind.

An adult should never be alone with a non-related child under the age of 18. If for no other reason than for their own protection. I cannot tell you the number of times I am aware of that an adolescent has falsely accused an adult of improprieties. With no witnesses it is your word against theirs and believe me most authorities will err on the side of the child. And if anyone thinks it is okay for an adult to have a relationship with a child "as long as they love each other" they should see the damaged and broken children I have worked with.

As for large age differences in relationships between consenting adults, that really is nobody's business but their own. Before I was very happily married I dated men who were often several years older than me, usually because men my own age or younger were often too immature for my tastes. My husband is just three months older than me and for us it works very well.

However, when someone mentions a relationship between a 19 year old man, with "ineffectual parents" and a 58 year old woman I have to wonder if he isn't looking for the mother he never had. And if the genders were reversed I would question if she was looking for a father figure.

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2008 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Relationships Differences Age

Name: Bonnie

Comments: To add to this conversation, I am in a relationship with a man who is exactly 30 years older than I am. I am 23 and he is 53. In saying that we have both had our reservations about our relationship at the start but we've been together for just over 12 months now and we're as happy as ever. We started out as friends and even dance partners and fell in love. Both to our surprise we simply fell in love with each other. It's not about him being a father figure or me being a daughter type to him. We respect and cherish each other and enjoy each others company and care for our life together. Is it really that big of a deal that some people choose a not so typical person to share their life with? I could be with someone my age or an 'acceptable' age and he could abuse me, and treat me badly and I could have the most unhappy life. Do I trade in love and respect with an older man for someone who the world deems acceptable? What would you prefer?

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2008 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Relationships Differences Age

Name: Donna

Comments: Well I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 25. We started talking two years ago but decided to wait till I turn 18 to become official, we are happily in love.

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2008 - 4:33pm / Post ID: #

Age Differences In Relationships
A Friend

Age Differences In Relationships

If your 18 or over then the choice that you make for who you want to be with is yours and yours alone. It is when a person is underage and with a older person where I take offense. If your in love with a person who is 20 years older or more than you well all I can say is I am happy for you. I see many couple who have a age difference of 5 to 10 years and they seem to be some of the happiest.

I am glad that some are smart enough to wait till they are 18 before announcing their love.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2009 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Age Differences Relationships - Page 7

Name: Machelle

Comments: I am 35 and I met a 22 year old during law school testing. He was so gorgeous and had my attention from the moment he walked into the room. He spoke after testing and for the first time, I offered my number. We talked everyday and night, all day and night. We were suppose to have dinner Valentine's Day, but I did everything in my power to sabotage that the day before the dinner. He was too much of everything I was looking for but I couldn't get past the age difference. He hasn't spoken to me since and I have to tell you, I sorely regret it. I've tried to explain and even apologize but no response. I know it could've been nice, based on the chemistry and interests, but I was more concerned with the length of time it would last. Anyway, it's been about a week since that happened and though I have no choice but to get over it and move it along, I still regret it and sometimes think-what if.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2009 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

Age Differences Relationships Psychology Special & Health - Page 7

Name: Susan

Comments: I am 6 years older than my boyfriend. I was married once at young age of 17 and I have 2 kids from my ex-husband who was 10 years older than me. I love my boyfriend to bits. He is 27 and very mature for his age. He has never had a relationship before. I know that he loves me a lot and I also know that it is hard for him to understand me sometimes when it comes to certain things. However, lately he does not trust me. We are in contact, but sometimes it leads to big arguments. He always thinks that he loves me and cares for me more than I do for him. No matter how much have I told him how much I love him. He treats me with lots of respect and love. I really do not have a clue where will this relationship go. I really love to be with him for the rest of my life.

> TOPIC: Age Differences In Relationships

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,