General Motors - Page 5 of 10

General Motors cancels Opel sale General Motors - Page 5 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 4th Nov, 2009 - 2:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (10) »
General Motors
3rd Jun, 2009 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

General Motors - Page 5

I'll be the same way for any new products. I guess I will go to Toyota, at least Japanese government involvement is clear and aboveboard there.

However, I still want to get either a Sierra pickup or a Pontiac Grand Prix one of these days. It will just have to be a pre-2009 model.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jun, 2009 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Motors General

What's Good For General Motors Is Now Good for China
By Irving Wesley Hall

The United States has degenerated from a world power based on industrial production to an overextended military empire based on debt and consumption. Our citizens have gone from well-paid industrial workers with comfortable savings accounts to cash-starved consumers with staggering credit card payments. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2009 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

General Motors Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Judge refuses to delay sale of GM

A judge rejects a last-minute request to delay the sale of General Motors clearing the way for it to emerge from bankruptcy. Ref. Source 3

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2009 - 3:17pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Motors General

Former GM boss gets $8.6m pension

Former General Motors boss Rick Wagoner will officially retire in August with a pension worth $8.6m over the first five years. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2009 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

General Motors
A Friend

Motors General

Well it is good to know that he ran the company into the ground and now he gets to walk away with $6M a year almost $7M for the next five years. I wonder what company he will want to do that to again after the five yars are up? Sure glad the government and the taxpayers are footing this guys retirement.

15th Jul, 2009 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

General Motors

Mr. Wagoner was the CEO while I worked at GM. He did a wonderful job. The reason GM is in the dumps has nothing to do with him or any other recent executive. First of all, the union went on strike against American Axle. This idled all of the truck plants and most of the car plants. Yet GM still had to pay all the union workers. Then, the price of gasoline topped over $4.00/gallon. So people stopped buying GM trucks. Since GM had to sell all small cars at a loss for the last 20 years or so in order to meet CAFE standards, they lost even more money.

Then, to top it all off, the economy went from bad to worse, so GM was left with billions of $ worth of product that is already made, but few are buying. So, although they have/had huge assets, they cannot liquidate them to meet current operating requirements or to cover current liabilities. In other words, cash flow dried up.

Yes, he made mistakes, just like every other human does. But up until the price of gasoline went up so much, GM was still holding on rather well.

And, I suspect that some, if not all of that retirement was in his contract.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Jul, 2009 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

General Motors - Page 5

Deadline for GM's Opel sale looms

Would-be buyers of General Motor's Opel business have until later on Monday to lodge plans for the firm's future. Ref. Source 6

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2009 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

General Motors Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 5

General Motors cancels Opel sale

General Motors announces that it has cancelled plans to sell Opel and Vauxhall to Canadian car parts firm Magna. Ref. Source 1

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: General Motors

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,