Toilet Smells

Toilet Smells - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 27th Feb, 2005 - 6:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Oh no - its a bomb!
24th Feb, 2005 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Toilet Smells

Due to the area of discussion I thought I would introduce it myself rather than have a Bot to do it. Now this thread is not for jokes... we are talking about the solution for odors after someone has used the toilet - is there a way to kill that smell quickly?

Not recommended, but still highly effective. Lighting a match after flushing does the trick because methane is flammable (actually second only to gasoline) and the fire will eat up the fumes, but do not worry, there will be no explosion.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2005 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Toilet Smells
A Friend

Smells Toilet

If you're in a bathroom with a window, opening the window is a huge help.

Of course, living in a dorm without a window can cause a few more problems. Candles work as well as the match, and it leaves a pleasant scent behind. Air freshener sort of does the work, but it more or less adds on to the smell of a room rather than removing the odor.

25th Feb, 2005 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

Toilet Smells Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

The fans that are installed in most bathrooms today in the U.S seem to do a pretty good job of getting rid of the smell so long as one remembers to turn it on before sitting on the toilet. If you wait till after the fact, then you may be waiting a while for the smell to dissipate. My wife recently bought a toilet paper dispenser that emits pleasant fragrances when one spins the toilet paper roll, and due to its proximity, that seems to work as well.

26th Feb, 2005 - 5:35am / Post ID: #

Smells Toilet

Phew! This is one of my biggest complaints to my son -- *please* at least make an attempt to clear the air, boy.

I have found several air fresheners that work fast and very well -- Oust, the new Febreeze, and Lysol sprays. Certain scents of air fresheners just add to the yucky smell - like apple or cinnamon or the heavy flowery scents. Cleaner scents like "Mounain Breeze" "Fresh Linen" and those types are much better at getting rid of the odor, I think.

As you mentioned, Malexander, the fan works well if you turn it on *before* any activity. I've also discovered that flushing before you stand up helps, too.

Roz

26th Feb, 2005 - 11:34pm / Post ID: #

Smells Toilet

I find the match to be an absolute. It immediately removes all odor. It is like magic. I often leave a candle burning, but will resort to the match first then the candle just for a nice smell to be left behind. In my experience, nothing works as well or as quickly as the match.

I agree with FarSeer about flushing. I call it a courtesy flush. What I mean is if it is going to be a prolonged visit to the toilet, then flush early and flush often. The cause of the odor is gone when you flush. So, rather than leave it sit in the bowl while you add to it, flush it down. It is called a courtesy flush because the people around you will appreciate your consideration of them. After all, our own odor never bothers us the way it bothers others. wink.gif

Reconcile Edited: funbikerchick on 26th Feb, 2005 - 11:36pm

27th Feb, 2005 - 1:07am / Post ID: #

Toilet Smells

Oh my gosh, toilet smells!. I think the match works wonderful and incredible fast. I do not like air freshners or candles because they leave the scent of bad smell with a flower type and it is really disgusting. I think it is very important to have a window in your bathroom so the air can circulate freely, if you do not, then make sure to carry a box of matches next time you go to the bathroom.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2005 - 6:59am / Post ID: #

Toilet Smells
A Friend

Toilet Smells

I myself have a good handle on this problem since I happen to be one of the culprits! laugh.gif As mentioned above, Oust is a great product to use because its hangs in the air. Products like lysol are not specifically made to eliminate air borne smells and tend to sink and land on the toilet and sink. Febreeze also makes an air freshener that is specifically made for the air. Its not the same as the spray that goes on surfaces and furniture. Both of these products are made to cling to air particles and eliminate odors as opposed to just covering them up.

> TOPIC: Toilet Smells

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,