As A Teen... - Page 2 of 2

I know that as a teen the questions of our - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 29th Jun, 2005 - 3:08am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Do you believe in God?
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2005 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

As A Teen...
A Friend

As A Teen... - Page 2

I can say that yes, I do believe in God. For at least a little while I had some serious doubts about what I believed in. But I ended up talking to a stranger about it...It was an odd situation, but still it had a very large impact on my life. I may not pray much, and I don't often go to church. But I do believe that we are all here for a purpose, and that God has given us that purpose.

I may not agree with everyone's particular beliefs, however I would never look down on someone only because of what they believe in, and I would hope the same would happen to me. smile.gif

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jun, 2005 - 10:52pm / Post ID: #

As A Teen...
A Friend

Teen As

Back in the day, (when I was very young and My Grandma forced our family to go with her to church sometimes) all I could see regarding religion was the big steepled building, the numerous audience of singing old people, and the monotonous reaching for a big blue book that everyone but me seemed to cherish. To this day I still do not know whether or not my parents are religious, or even what they believe instead. But I know that my Grandma was a Christian and we never spoke of religious matters at home.

I remained unknowingly un-baptised and could never understand what the benefit of my cousins going to sunday-school was, but kids at school told me that God had made everything. And so, like the naive youth I was, I believed that some bearded man lived up in the clouds and smote those who sinned or who didn't believe that Jesus died on The Cross.

As I grew older and (I should think) more intelligent, I decided that God was a stupid notion. People weak of mind and spirit merely fell back on their belief in God as an answer to their problems and as something to look forward to when they inevitably died. When I told people this I was met by attempts to convert me to a more 'Christian' outlook and found that this attempt to change my beliefs only made the thought of religion more disgusting.

Now I have a different set of beliefs, as teenagers tend to change when they 'find themselves'. Organized religion still remains somewhat of a sore spot for me but I realize that all people have the choice to believe in whatever they want and I have no right to criticize them. What I believe in is Fate and Karma and a mix of other powers (which we do not see) that, along with our human instinct, form a sensitive mesh of ruling powers to which we all must live beneath. I believe in balance and the saying 'What goes around comes around', but I cannot personify all these energies into the body of one ruling deity.

No, I do not believe in God. But that doesn't mean I do not have beliefs of my own. I believe that those who may not fit into the typical structured belief system should not be criticized and that we can all learn something about our own beliefs from others.

I'm new BTW. Nice to meet you all!

29th Jun, 2005 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

As A Teen... Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Ash, thanks for sharing your opinion. Just a little comment. Just because someone believes in God it does not mean they are in any particular religious group, people tend to think that just because a person believes in God it makes them "religious". There are literally millions of people out there in the world who believe in a superior being, we can call it God, and they are not part of any particular religion...they are just normal people who do not go to Church on Sundays but that they still believe there is a God who is also our Father in Heaven.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2005 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

As A Teen...
A Friend

Page 2 Teen As

I know that as a teen the questions of our exestince the nead for knolage that gives us soem perspective alowse us to know where we are. As time gose on you will think of this less and less but its not that you trully relize the ansers and start to relaxe its you finally realize that some questions dont nead to be anserd. I guess what im saying is the longer you live the rest you care. Whats this say about god ?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: As A Teen...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,