Canadian - USA Shield

Canadian Usa Shield - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th May, 2007 - 9:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Should they join together?
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2005 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Canadian - USA Shield

CANADA DEBATES MISSILE SHIELD STANCE

Prime Minister Paul Martin declined to confirm reports Wednesday that Ottawa
would not join the contentious U.S. ballistic missile shield program, a move
that would please his constituents but could further harm thorny relations
with Washington.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/02/23/canada....e.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Feb, 2005 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Canadian - USA Shield
A Friend

Shield USA Canadian

Most Canadians oppose the defense shield, which is in the midst of testing interceptors capable of taking out incoming missiles. Some believe the umbrella, when fully implemented, could lead to an international arms race and weapons in space.

This is off the article listed above. I think that if the Canadians are so upset about this that they should not join and the US shouldn't push them. Its part of democracy, their right to country sovranty and decide that it is not right for them. I hope that it doesn't strain US and Canadian relationships because it really doesn't need to. However, if the time comes that it is needed, the Canadians shouldn't expect us to us the shield to help them.

24th Feb, 2005 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

Canadian - USA Shield History & Civil Business Politics

I heard a very short sound bite on this today. Some Candadian leader was pointing out that it is pretty stupid of Canada to NOT participate in such a shield, because if missles start flying, then Canada would be expecting the US to protect them from the missles.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

25th Feb, 2005 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Shield USA Canadian

Canada basically has no functional military. They have been pulling funds from their defense for decades now and there is actually very little left. However, with the largest boarder that we share with a country, I am not at all opposed to applying a bit of pressure to them to join. We cannot hope to protect that boarder should something happen to Canada. It is just not possible.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

25th Feb, 2005 - 3:37am / Post ID: #

Shield USA Canadian

We cannot hope to protect that boarder should something happen to Canada.

It's certain to happen, that as soon as the radar sounds, Canada will plead for help. So how can they refuse to participate in the program? Is it a money issue? I can't believe their reasoning that it will lead to an arms race. There will always be an arms race. As long as there are countries with different cultures and governments, there will always be stockpiling, research and development, and bigger, better, smarter weapons.

In my opinion, they are cutting their own throats in the event of a real attack. The ironic part is, that the US *will* do what it can to protect Canada, whether they participate in the program development and implementation or not.

Roz

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

5th May, 2007 - 9:39pm / Post ID: #

Canadian - USA Shield

Possibly Canada was trying to not provoke any enemy icbm warfare. (inter-continental ballistic missile)

It makes me think of a time some guy swung a beer bottle at my head. I was walking to avoid drunk driving. An older-style S.U.V. drove past and the occupants fingered me. I caught up with them on foot, they were fueling up on liquor at the next liquor store. So I stared down the vehicle and the driver said"got a problem" so I said "ya U" and he got uppity and I told him to F*ck-off he got out of his car with a beer bottle and was approaching me. I had a 4 inch blade in my trousers I could have pulled out. However I felt doing so would have provoked him to break the bottle. Going up against a blunt object was more in my favor than a potentially more lethal weapon. As he approached I could have flicked out my knife if he were to break his bottle on the rocks but he didn't. Now within arms length we were in a heated discussion and I was continuing to tell him to f*ck-off. Hence he swung the bottle at my head, my quick reactions likely from karate training allowed me to duck the attack however if I had blocked him at the arm I would of had a direct attack at his face. My inexperience in actual combat influenced me to maintain my distance as best I could so I ducked rather than blocked because ducking alowed me to back-up at the same time. He left and tore off in his jeep.
I feel we were both winners in this war. We both stood up for ourselves. I didn't take being fingered and aproached in an offensive manner. I stood my ground and faced battle even provoking him with swear words straight to the eye. He held his image in the town as a thug by standing up for himself when told to F-off.

I feel this relates to modern warfare. Even before The States went into iraq for WMD the free world knew or could assume ICBM's existed and could be used against us. Rather than useing lightning bolts from the sky to thwart our enemy's attack we have take the battle to them on the ground in an attempt to diffuse the situation. Seizing munitions and killing militant leaders. Simply maintaining pressure and hopeing to diffuse an ICBM attack before it starts. By not installing the satellite lazer beams, wich would or could be seen as a threat to the enemy, their minds would likely believe the weapons could attack them like a lazer beam from the sky. We have given them a pawn to attack which makes them feel a sense of accomplishment, 2,500 americans dead is significant and should not be forgotten because those men have likely taken the pressure off of a potential attack on North America.

In summary putting up the defence shield might provoke the enemy to test it. It is a big decision which I don't know if it has been considered by the general populace. If I had pulled my knife to let the hoodlum know I was bigger and better and more in charge, one of us would have been in a hospital room more likely both of us. Just because North America could have a shield against ICBM's wouldn't mean we would have protection from the fall-out from Nuclear or chemical agents should they choose to attack. As well would we drop the bomb on them in retaliation where would the fall-out from that land.
I heard a fact that pollutants from Chinese factories have shown up in the Fraser River near Vancouver B.C.. This indicates to me that fall-out would flow in this direction

In re-reading my transcript I must point out that the war on the ground likely dosn't affect Iran and North-Korea. Who I assume are our greatest threat as to the use of ICBM's. But I assume it gives us a base of operations to conduct black ops into these country's to analyze/neutralize their threat.
Good luck for us all in the free world. And best wishes to the oppressed.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 0 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Canadian - USA Shield

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,