Animal Activists Speak Out Against Road Kill Candy

Animal Activists Speak Road Kill Candy - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 26th Feb, 2005 - 7:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2005 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The KRAFT company, via their Trolli Gummy candy, released a new type of gummy: Road Kill Gummies. They're in the shapes of squirrels, snakes, etc. that have been squished by vehicles, and include tire treads as well. Animal activists were upset by the candy saying that it encouraged children in thinking that it's okay to harm animals.

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7030811/

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2005 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Candy Kill Road Out Speak Activists Animal

I don't know about encouraging animal cruelty, but that sure is funny! Road kill candy, it looks so funny and ridiculous, I can hardly picture a child using it as justification for animal cruelty. If a child is going to harm animals, its because something is going wrong in his life, not because he say some gummi animals. Animal rights activist never see the true reason behind animal cruelty. Its not a taught behavior, its a symptomatic behavior that reveals that something bad is going on in his life. I think thats the cause most of the time, I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule. But I'm pretty sure that no kid ever saw the gummi road kills and made the jump to torturing a cat.

25th Feb, 2005 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Animal Activists Speak Out Against Road Kill Candy History & Civil Business Politics

I think I would enjoy these candies. I used to love animal crackers. I would bite the heads off, then often the legs, etc. However, I never imagined I was eating a real lion, tiger or bear. I would never harm any animal. I couldn't even kill a mouse (although it would be perfectly fine to me if someone else killed it for me wink.gif ).

I think it is just a cute mold of candies. Kids like to think of eating some really gross things. I think it will appeal to them that they are eating "road kill." I doubt, mentally, that they will make the jump to eating kitty or spot, the family pets.

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

25th Feb, 2005 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

This is FANTASTIC marketing!

If this causes children to torture animals, then the Road Runner Cartoons should definitely be put on the shelf never to come off. At one time (not sure if they are any more), the Road Runner was the most violent cartoon ever. I think that there was a act of violence every 3 seconds on average.

Now if you want to get a bit concerned about fostering the thought of road-kill, take a look at this cookbook. I always wondered if this guy was really serious or was this just a lucritive joke?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0898152003...742#reader-link

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

26th Feb, 2005 - 12:27am / Post ID: #

Well, they sucumbed to the pressure.

Production of roadkill-shaped candy screeched to a halt Friday, as Kraft Foods Inc. announced it would stop manufacturing the treats amid protests by animal rights activists.
https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7030811/

International Level: Diplomat / Political Participation: 320 ActivistPoliticianDiplomat 32%

26th Feb, 2005 - 1:46am / Post ID: #

I haven't seen the advertisment but I do not think it will cause anyone to hurt animals. I do understand why animal activists may be a little upset over it but I think they usually get a bit too fanatical about issues like this one rolleyes.gif Too bad that Kraft did not stick to the candy adverstisment...well, I guess they were afraid someone will start boycotting their products.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Feb, 2005 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Animal Activists Speak Out Road Kill Candy

See, being from the South, I thought it was absolutely hilarious. We make jokes about road kill all the time. (I.e. "Hey, there goes dinner! Pull of the side of the road, pop the hood, and lets have some roasted possum.")

I agree about it not encouraging children to harm animals. It's not saying "Go out and run over an animal." If a child believes it okay to harm animals, then the parenting issue might be brought into question, not a type of candy.

26th Feb, 2005 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Animal Activists Speak Out Road Kill Candy Politics Business Civil & History

For anyone who has kids, and have sat down and watched 15 minutes worth of commercials on any of the kids channels such as Nickelodeon or Disney, has seen many commercials for apple sauce that is green, or candy that looks like slime. Kids are into gross-looking treats, and this is exactly what Kraft was going after. Once again the animal activists have to come up with their own agenda to go after the big bad powers that be. Oh well.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Animal Activists Speak Out Against Road Kill Candy

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,