The First Commandment

The Commandment - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 27th Feb, 2005 - 5:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2005 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

The First Commandment

In the Beginning the Lord gave the very First commandment as shown below. Being the First do you think it still applies today and do you feel you fulfill your role in keeping it?

Genesis 1:28
28. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Sponsored Links:
27th Feb, 2005 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

Commandment The

I absolutely believe this commandment applies to mankind today.

Be fruitful
To me this implies that we must serve a purpose in this world, and strive for excellence and success in what we do.

and multiply
Not much to analyze here. God is saying it is a gift that He has given us to bear and raise offspring, that they may continue the existence of mankind.

and replenish the earth
In everything we do, we must understand that the earth is our home, and we must take care of it, so that it can serve it's purpose to us.

and subdue it
Mankind must understand that we are the dominant species and that other forms of life were put on this earth to serve our existence. We must be able to maintain control of other life forms on this earth, but without destroying it or being unjustly cruel towards it. One definition of subdue is to 'hold within limits and control' and it is mankind's responsibility to maintain these limits and controls, so that we do not become overpowered by other species on the planet.

As for my role in fulfilling this commandment, I won't be a hypocrite and state that I fulfill these to the best of my ability and capability. However, I don't go out of my way to purposely disobey these initiatives, and for me, that is a good start. As with everything in life, the struggle is to make the commitment to be a good person in life, while living one's life.

> TOPIC: The First Commandment

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,