Flashlights

Flashlights - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 5th Mar, 2005 - 7:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2005 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Flashlights

There are people that will walk around with a flashlight on a key chain or car just to look cool. Others do it because they really believe there will be a future use for it. How about you? Do you take seriously the kind and type of flashlight you have? Tell us which brand is the best in your opinion.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Mar, 2005 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Flashlights
A Friend

Flashlights

I don't really care much about carrying a flashlight, but I keep a good one in the house in case the power goes out. I find that Maglight makes the best over all flashlights. They are stable and sturdy, and in a pinch, they can be used as a weapon if someone attacks you.

I have three kids and Maglights can take allot of punishment and keep on ticking. I have dropped my Maglight down 15 stairs and it keeps working time after time. I wont use anything but a maglight for any important use of flashlights.

4th Mar, 2005 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Flashlights Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

After the great blackout of 2003, I have paid a bit more attention to this subject, although definitely not enough.

I have a little, tiny, LED flashlight on my keychain, because the dome light is out in my car (not the bulb, there is something else wrong with it). It comes in very handy all the time, even if I am just trying to find the TV remote control under the couch!

However, in terms of emergency preparedness, we don't have good lighting. We have a wind-up radio, with a flashlight on it, but it doesn't last very long, and it is very dim.

But - technology comes to the rescue. I have seen some flashlights that can be human operated, by shaking the flashlight. I don't know what the technology is that allows this to work, but it does appear to be available. Above that, is a growing number of LED flashlights that are becoming available. My son has a mini-mag style, with 6 or 7 LEDs on it, that is brighter than most normal flashlights I have ever seen. And, since the LEDs draw much less power than an incandescent bulb, the batteries will last much longer.

You can see an example of an LED flashlight at firstStreet (formerly TechnoScout). This is probably one of the greatest dreamlands for techno geeks that I know of.

4th Mar, 2005 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

Flashlights

I received one of those mini-maglights as a gift one year, and they are both powerful and durable. I don't have any other flashlights, either in the house or in either one of my cars. In the 5 years I have lived in my current house, we've only lost power once. My wife is very much into candles, so we had no problem getting an alternate source of light.

5th Mar, 2005 - 7:19am / Post ID: #

Flashlights

Maglights are great! I also have a generic big beam flashlight that is rechargable that I keep plugged in most of the time in case of emergency. I really love this one when I'm looking for something -- it's powerful and the wide beam is great out in the shed or garage.

I don't have a flashlight in my car, but I do feel that I should have one; nor do I have a mini light on my keychain, which I think could be really handy.

> TOPIC: Flashlights

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,