China vs Taiwan - Page 3 of 8

Difficult, because the US actually supports - Page 3 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 27th Apr, 2007 - 2:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

?
Poll: Your country sides with...
  China       83.33%
  Taiwan       16.67%
  Both       0.00%
Total Votes: 6
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
versus
29th Mar, 2007 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

China vs Taiwan - Page 3

So your tour guide thought that the Olympics would cause a return of these treasures. What, is she dreaming? I believe money drives, but underneath China is set in its ways. In fact, if you look at how they are treating the use of the internet (another Thread) you will see that they are still fighting Western thinking and concepts tooth and nail.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
30th Mar, 2007 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

Taiwan China

Actually, the way I read her was that it is a foregone conclusion that China will come get the treasures before the Olympics. That there will be some "tension" about them coming to get the treasures and in the process reunify, but that it will only last for a little bit and then all will be fine. The treasures will be returned, Taiwan will be returned and all will be fine for the "Opening Ceremony".

It is strange that people from China cannot come to Taiwan, but people from Taiwan can visit China. I think that if the Chinese could see Taiwan they might see that there could be some problem in the Taiwanese just easily switching to a communistic rule.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

30th Mar, 2007 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

China vs Taiwan History & Civil Business Politics

QUOTE (Vincenzo)
Actually, the way I read her was that it is a foregone conclusion that China will come get the treasures before the Olympics.

You will need to tell her to finish the story with "And they lived happily ever after...". Again a dream. China is on a mission right now, it cannot affor any kind of warfare or even remote involvement in what appears to be warfare - hence their 'quiet' stance when it comes to any kind of tension or aggression. In the Religions Board there is a Thread where they were even willing to entertain the Buddhist leader. They are putting up a front because they want to be an accepted dominating world economy while at the same time ensuring that the core leadership can rule the country like Monarchs. China is all about money. If one of the richest women in the world can come from there I do not see why anyone would believe that China is only thinking about a few treasures - they want the big apple - literally and symbolically.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

30th Mar, 2007 - 6:28am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Taiwan China

That is pretty much what I thought, but I was fascinated by this ladies view. The reason it intrigued me so much is that to get such a GOOD job in communist China you pretty much have to payoff a lot of people and have some connections in government. It is that connection that makes me think that this is a widely held view and the way she presented it was that of common knowledge.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

30th Mar, 2007 - 10:06am / Post ID: #

Taiwan China

In order to keep communism afloat a lot of falsehoods, tall tales and misinformation has to be circulated continually, so that the population thinks that their government is always in control - even if the situation is out of their control. It does not surprise me what they believe or think, in fact it is only those who get a taste of liberal thinking (usually the young Chinese students) who find themselves being restricted or kept intellectually at bay.

This reminds me of the movie 'The Village', where you constantly feed people information and they believe it.

27th Apr, 2007 - 2:47am / Post ID: #

China vs Taiwan

China tried a nice trick into making Taiwan acknowledge that they are part of China and not a separate entity from the mainland on a world stage. The Olympic Committee and governement wanted to have the torch carried through Taiwan as part of the home country's torch relay. Taipei quickly announced that they would be happy to carry the torch during the international portion of the relay, but not as part of China's relay.

https://www.guardian.co.uk/international/st...2066646,00.html

Clever attempt!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Apr, 2007 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

China Taiwan - Page 3

I added a poll to this concerning wether your country supports China or Taiwan. This is a big issue in International affairs because depending on which one you choose you lose support from the other. As a for instance my country has chosen to support China, but another island (St. Lucia) has chosen to support Taiwan. Many politicians say this is a wrong move because in 10 years China will be the first economic power and Taiwan will not have as much dominance.

Does your country support China or Taiwan? Whom do you personally support?

27th Apr, 2007 - 2:54pm / Post ID: #

China Taiwan Politics Business Civil & History - Page 3

Difficult, because the US actually supports both. They have agreed to the "one China" argument from Beijing. However, they also have agreed that Taiwan is a sovereign nation and will support it if it were attacked. Basically, it is one very fine fence to straddle.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: China vs Taiwan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,