China vs Taiwan - Page 4 of 8

Ma Ying-Jeou, Taiwan's new President, - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 29th May, 2008 - 12:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

?
Poll: Your country sides with...
  China       83.33%
  Taiwan       16.67%
  Both       0.00%
Total Votes: 6
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
versus
27th Apr, 2007 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

China vs Taiwan - Page 4

Yes, the US position is strange and is based mostly on money as usual. With regards to my country the Prime Minister chose to go with China for obvious economic reasons, I do not think the populous thinks much about it and could not really care. I believe people in most of the Western Hemisphere really do not understand just how big and powerful China really is: physically, militarily and economically.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Sep, 2007 - 10:00am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Taiwan China

CHINA CONDEMNS TAIWAN U.N. RALLY

China condemned a massive rally organized by Taiwan's president calling for the island's membership in the United Nations, warning Sunday that Beijing was now preparing for a "serious situation."
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/09/1...n.ap/index.html

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2007 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

China vs Taiwan History & Civil Business Politics

Taiwan UN bid 'provocative' - US

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice opposes Taiwan's bid to join the UN, saying it is "provocative".
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...fic/7156515.stm

Post Date: 4th Mar, 2008 - 9:13am / Post ID: #

Page 4 Taiwan China

Taiwan warned over independence

China warns that Taiwan's President Chen Shui-bian will "pay a dear price" if he moves towards independence.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...fic/7276378.stm

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2008 - 10:01am / Post ID: #

Taiwan China

Better Ties?

China's president and Taiwan's vice-president-elect meet in China, the first such contact between the two sides, amid hopes of better ties.
Ref. BBC

28th May, 2008 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

China vs Taiwan

I wonder if all of this is about the Olympics?

Historic China-Taiwan summit held

The chairman of Taiwan's ruling party meets Chinese President Hu Jintao in another sign of warming ties.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/a...fic/7422965.stm

After the Olympics I'm sure China will be attacking Taiwan again.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th May, 2008 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

China vs Taiwan
A Friend

China Taiwan - Page 4

I think you are right there JB China is wanting its image to look nicer for the Olympics. As soon as they are over I am sure China will turn a hard nose back to getting what it calls a rebel state back under control.

29th May, 2008 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

China Taiwan Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

Ma Ying-Jeou, Taiwan's new President, is pretty much the reason for the invigorated meetings. China is very happy to see the KMT return as the leading party of Taiwan as they are more pro-China. Ma Ying-Jeou had run on a platform of renewed China ties. Taiwan wants some of those Chinese investment dollars to land in her backyard. The DPP, previous President's party, is strongly for a free Taiwan and admissions into the UN, which as you can guess really didn't endear them to much to the Chinese government. The KMT does just about everything but pledge allegiance to China. They fall just short of saying that Taiwan should belong to China, but are far away from claiming total independance.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: China vs Taiwan

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,