Satan Entered Into Him

Satan Entered Him - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 5th May, 2005 - 1:22am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2005 - 5:14pm / Post ID: #

Satan Entered Into Him

This thread is not the same as 'judas' Kiss' located in another thread within this Board. In Christianity Judas, one of the former Disciples of Jesus, is looked upon as a betrayer and despot, but was it truly him acting or was it Satan acting through him? Look at verse 27 below. What does your beliefs say about possession of Satan - are you tried for what Satan may do through the use of your body? Are your actions your own during this time? Are people who are under the influence of Satanism, witchcraft and drugs in a state of possession?

John 13:21-27
21. When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.

22. Then the disciples looked one on another, doubting of whom he spake.

23. Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.

24. Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake.

25. He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?

26. Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.

27. And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2005 - 9:28pm / Post ID: #

Satan Entered Into Him
A Friend

Him Entered Satan

One thing that I find rather amusing, though not outright comical, is the exclamation a lot of people make about Satan causing constant strife in their lives. I hadn't ever really thought about it in depth until one of our chapel speakers brought up the entire issue. He made a really good piont that I believe. Satan isn't like God, he can't be everywhere at once. His general question was "Who are you to cause Satan to come visit you?" He wasn't trying to be smug about it, but just pointing out that it's not always Satan that causes dissention in our life. Aside from causing our own problems, a lot of it is more his demons, or what have you.

In the case of Judas, I can fully understand Satan indwelling within him. He played the key role in delivering Jesus to those who wished him dead. I don't think Satan really understood his loss in doing so until Jesus died on the cross. In my opinion, you have to be doing something pretty far up there to get Satan's special attention, rather than his "dominions."

As far as people who are Satanists goes, I stand on what I said before. Satan isn't omnipresent. He can't be in every Satanist in the world. I believe they've allowed themself to fall into sin and are so indwelled with their own sin that Satan and his followers only have to put the temptation out there. I do believe in spiritual warfar, and I do believe in their being the realm of angels and demons fighting that we cannot see.

I dont' know if this is off topic or not, but if anybody is interested on reading a Christian fictional story that will put things into an interesting perspective, I recommend reading Frank Peretti's This Present Darkness. It went into detail, from a fictional point story based on what he's read studied, about demons taking over people.

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2005 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

Satan Entered Into Him
A Friend

Satan Entered Into Him Revealed Bible The

Ambria

Few of us will ever get a visit from the leader of that pack... Satan... but we will, in our battle of the 3 fronts written about by brother James (3:15) get some visits by demons (devilish). It's enough the fallen world (earthly system) pounds us and our sinful natures (sensual) trips us up.

The best remedy is 'Christ in us, the hope of glory' (Col 1:27). The instruction to submit to God is vital before taking on a demon (James 4:7)

29th Apr, 2005 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

Him Entered Satan

What does your beliefs say about possession of Satan - are you tried for what Satan may do through the use of your body? Are your actions your own during this time? Are people who are under the influence of Satanism, witchcraft and drugs in a state of possession?

I'm not really sure what my church "rules" are about possession. It's something I've never considered before, but I may do it now just because you've asked the question.

From having been under the influence, and around people who were under the influence of alcohol and etc., I can tell you that there are an awful lot of actions performed that those people would not "normally" do. Is that possession? I don't really think so, but it certainly weakens any kind of resistance to temptation and pretty much eliminates good judgment. Are people then responsible for what they do whilst under the influence? I think so, because even with zero judgment, the actions were theirs, they still chose to do it. I know I've had to pay the price (many times) for my own actions in that same condition.

I once heard a speaker say (this was way back in the 70's and he was talking about the hallucinogens like LSD and mescaline) that certain illicit drugs that were called "mind-expanding" drugs, were ways that a person *could* be opening themselves up for possession, because their own will was subjected to the effects of the drug, thereby opening a way for any wayward demon. Interesting perspective, and I couldn't at this point in time tell you who it was who spoke about it.

In my opinion, of course.
Roz

Post Date: 5th May, 2005 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

Satan Entered Into Him
A Friend

Him Entered Satan

On the subject first asked...

1. Q: What does your beliefs say about possession of Satan?
A: (MHOBOEAS)* I believe Satan is selective on who he wishes to possess at any given time.

2. Q: Are you tried for what Satan may do through the use of your body?
A: I believe so... IF most of it resulted from a continuous conscious decision to ignore God's rule regarding a particular principle. Habits form through a continuous repetition and this starts with an initial decision. Possesion of that habit by a demonic force where you lose volitional control happens in the final stages. There are cases where some (especially children) are traumatized and conditioned by others leading to a possession of a demonic power over an area in their life which they didn't want or ask for... (see 5 below)

3. Q: Are your actions your own during this time?
A: Even the 'so far gone' Gadarene demoniac (Mark 5:1-20) ran to Jesus instead of away. Though the presiding demon had dominant control, the spirit of the man himself had enough that wanted help which caused him to run to Jesus by the grace of God.

4. Q: Are people who are under the influence of Satanism, witchcraft and drugs in a state of possession?
A: Rom 6:16 says "that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?" My experience regarding this is yes in varying degrees.

5. Q: My controversial rhetorical question: Can a true born again believer in Christ have demonic problems?
A: Yes. Sometimes we are victims of anothers actions thru consequence through no fault of our own. Because of Adam... we die. Because of verbal/physcial abuse by a cruel father... we get a 'spirit' of fear, suicied, and condemning low self esteem. Other factors play on this also... Luke 13:15 doesn't tell the cause (Prov 26:2 principle) but the woman in question was a 'true daughter of Abraham' (of true faith) yet bound by a demon. Jesus released grace upon her delivering and healing her. That's a biblical example... I am the other example.

*'my humble opinion based on experience and study

> TOPIC: Satan Entered Into Him

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,